1/32 Hasegawa P-47D Thunderbolt Brazil

Fenous

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Little progress, tubing glued inside wing to maintain perfect geometry of Master barrels in the end of build, they are removable yet, added some detail to the horizontal tail surfaces always omitted by manufacturers and blueprint makers and worked on the front end, some by Eduard and some by myself.

DSC00370.jpgDSC00371.jpgDSC00376.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had this happen with a set of Brassin wheels before. I first tried to bend some plastic strip around the wheel hub to cover the worst of the gap but even after heating the strip couldnt get a perfect circle. What I did then was glue the hub in to the wheel, centering it as best as I could then when dry I masked the hub off, front and rear and then did the same for the tyre leaving just the gap between the hub and tyre unmasked on the front and rear of the wheel, then mixed some miliput and rolled that into thin strips and forced it in to the gap until the gaps on both sides were full. Surface was then levelled and cleaned up with a wet cotton bud and the result was a nice blended in hub and tyre. After all that though I never did get to put them on anything as the kit was never finished.