TBF-1C Trumpeter 1/32

DirkE

Beautiful beautiful work!  The turret looks amazing!  What is that strange pattern on the armor/gun sight glass?  It almost looks like it's cracked.

Thanks! That pattern on the sight glass is some diffusion in the plastic. It was already there before I touched it. I thought about a replacement or a scratch built new one, but once the cupola is on top of it, you hardly see it .

20171227_095957.jpg

Dirk

so, I painted the cupola with Mr. paint Sea Blue MRP-14. I added a drip white, because I think its a bit too dark.

First the rivets got a a small amount of light grey/gray :-) . I saw on several photos that those screws on the inside could be seen. Once everything is put together they can hardly be seen anyway. So, if this is correct or not. It was also a test to see how it works. Then I put a layer dark gray on top of it before I painted it blue. I didn´t bother to paint the inside frames as well. I want to keep my sanity.

Since I am planning to add positive rivets on the wings and fuselage, I thought about to do this as well on the cupola. The smallest positive rivets I have from Archer are 0.20mm. Too big for this job. So in this case I left it as it is.

I saw that other modelers were able to add the turret after painting the fuselage. I tried it too in different ways...no way for me. I will have to insert the turret before I close the fuselage. Meaning to mask the turret again and pay a bit more attention not to break off the gun while handeling the airframe. But I think that wont be a big problem.

20171229_174223.jpg

20171229_174236.jpg

20171229_194353.jpg

20171229_194405.jpg

20171229_194552.jpg

Dirk