1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion......Finally

Scott Negron

Hello again friends:) After a much longer than expected delay (I wanted to get everything "just right") the Me262A-1a/U4 master are on their way to TM. Here are some preview pics of the masters. Rather than trying to match the rivet detail to the Trumpeter kit, I chose to add the correct putty lines. Panel lines are there.

Comments welcome....:)

016.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

Is the landing gear bay a scratch built part or is it from the Revell kit? I don't mean to assume, but the reason I ask is that the gear bay doesn't look like it would accept the full gear oleo and wheel in the retracted position (with that large step that the gear bay has in it) and that was namely the problem with the Revel part.

The upper part is looking great and seems to have good shape and detail. Will the cannon barrel also be included or is the Steve Nuttall machined barrel required to complete the set?

Please clarify! This conversion is dearly missing in our scale!

Cheers

Alan

Ps. I am not really sure what/who "TM" is?

Edited by alaninaustria

Sorry about the TM. It stands for Tiger Models, and their website is www.tigermodels.com .

I have a ton of their armor stuff including I believe all of their full resin kits and many of their conversions. Their casting quality is first rate. Definitely a happy customer.

Awesome...........Im not a huge Luftwaffe guy, but ive been waiting for this conversion, to get a 262. Im not planning on building two, so I wanted my one and only Me 262 build to be the Kanonenvogel

Nice Job! When do you expect they are going to be ready for purchase?

Brian

Great news Scott. I've taken the liberty to move your thread here to the Vendors board, even though it's a line-ball thing as to where it belongs. At least this way, you can update this thread when the conversion's ready for sale. Any idea on cost?

Kev

Thanks for all the kind replies guys, looks like we picked a popular subject:)!

Alan, while I started with the Revell wheel bay, little remains of it. The Revell part is way too shallow. I deepened it so that when the nose wheel lies flat it actually fits. The forward section is all new as well, including all the stiffening ribs. I've never been able to find an actual pic of the thing inside. From external pics, it looks like it's using the stock hardware for the nose gear (retraction setup). However as you said, it goes back past the area where it starts to open up into the nose gear bay. It does still fit with the leg retracted (now that it's deep), but must have affixed to the bottom of it, slightly behind where the wheel bay starts. That's what I've chose to do. If you have any other info on it, contact me soon:) It's not shown in the he pics, but I've also added the "scissors" mechanisms that pulled the small square gear doors closed off of the tire (like a Mig-3).

I was able to get 1/32 drawings of this beast from Arthur Bentley that aren't in the CP books. I made the masters straight off of them (shape, panel lines, etc.) He wasn't able to give me any more info on the gear bay, but was able to help me with including the mechanism that pivots the wheel to lie flat:)!

The new team under Jeff is doing even better as it's free'd Joe up to do mastering, something he sorely missed!

Not sure when they will be released, maybe 1-2 months. I'll know more when Jeff and Joe have worked on it for a couple weeks.

The barrel shown is from Schatton. Not sure if we will source them from him, or another option we're working on.

Pricing will be up to Jeff, no word yet but likely less that $50 (depending on barrel costs). There's more to it that what's in the pics, including plumbing for the hydraulics and a nice nose wheel.

Thanks again!

S