Fieseler Storch in Swiss service

Dukie99

The Silhouette 3 has a nice twin-head feature, if I understand correctly. Now I have had no time to do a comparison with the Curio which I have not even unwrapped, but the Curio has an - theoretically until I test it - interesting embossing feature, which could be used for rows of rivets for instance, and a capacity to cut thicker materials, such as plastic sheet.

Compared to the Silhouette, it is however limited to slightly more than A4 format. Could be an issue, although most probably not that much for modelling applications such as masks.

Hubert

PS: sorry for the thread highjack. Very nice work and attractive scheme on this Storch :goodjob:

Thanks guys for the kind words and this Silhouette plotter is quite tempting (but I already got myself a new Iwata compressor for Christmas). I am almost there. Yesterday I applied a coat of Alclad Light sheen on the Storch and today was the big moment: unmasking the glasshouse and fortunately it came out great. I am very happy with the results. I then proceeded to glue the ailerons and flaps and I installed the landing gear which is quite fiddly but once glued surprisingly sturdy. I have some bits and bobs to attach but I it's almost done. Next post should be RFI. This is where I stand tonight, I hope you like it:

almostdone_zpsnos1fvfj.jpg

Almostdone3_zpsnb6pvsrn.jpg

Almostdone2_zpsvi5g8hwm.jpg

Almostdone4_zpsaplewd5f.jpg

Thanks for following this build.

David

Thanks you guys for all the positive comments. I call this one done. All in all it was an enjoyable kit with a good fit and no real issue. The only difficulty was getting a good fit on the two windows facing earth on each side and epoxy glue is a must for gluing the wings to the glasshouse. As I indicated earlier the decals were very brittle but that may be my lack of experience. They eventually settled very nicely. Here are the pictures I took tonight. Not happy with my photography but that will do for now:

RFI5_zpsgidvzbmo.jpg

RFI3_zpspoyatv9h.jpg

RFI4_zps2hsjpgwn.jpg

RFI2_zpszkmie1ap.jpg

RFI6_zpsus4etk8u.jpg

RFI1_zpshbufcjc7.jpg

RFI7_zpsv95nvhfw.jpg

I hope you like it. As there is still four month left to the GB, I was thinking of tackling another Jurassic Plastic. I have two left in the stash: Hasegawa F-5 to be done in Swiss colors and Hasegawa F-16A to be done in Vermont National Guard colors (the Green Mountain Boys). The F-16A would be build pretty much OOB and posed in flight. The Swiss F-5 would be built OOB except for the cockpit where I have a Verlinden set. Any preference? Thank you for your feedback.

David