Fieseler Storch in Swiss service

Dukie99

This is my entry to the Jurassic Plastic GB. The venerable Hasegawa Storch. I am using the Indochina rebox but it is the same plastic as the initial release only with new decals. I will add the Eduard pe set to detail the cockpit and will go for a very colorful bird in Swiss service during WWII. It will for sure add a splash of color in my collection of airplane and armor. Box shot and pictures of the aftermarket I will use. I have the eduard mask and some resin wheels on order with Hannants but I will get started right away. I am looking forward to a fun GB.

David

boxshot_zps4vhxjx3k.jpg

Aftermarket2_zpscb249vbm.jpg

Aftermarket1_zpsp2t4vugp.jpg

Some progress:

Dryfitting the tubular cockpit frame in the fuselage and with the glasshouse taped

dryfit_zpsnynu7fmy.jpg

Rear bulkhead detailed with the Eduard photoetch

bulkhead_zps0edftbfe.jpg

Tubular frame with the rudder from the eduard set:

Cockpit_zpscpsq45wp.jpg

the two fuselage side with the eduard photoetch. I still have to add a few pieces of etch but otherwise I should be able to paint the cockpit (in RLM 2) over the week-end.

fuselage_zpszo737szc.jpg

Fuselage2_zpszozeuyen.jpg

Thank you for following this build.

David

Made good progress on the cockpit last week. It is painted and I just applied a coat of future just after taking the pictures so that tomorrow I can add a light wash over the seatbelts, add some airscale placards before sealing with matt varnish and I can then close the fuselage. In the pictures below the cockpit is just dry fitted and I will glue it only after the above steps are done but as you can see it fits very well. The HGW seatbelts are great (but fiddly) and definitely add to a pretty bare cockpit even with all Eduard etch. I am enjoying this GB and the sheer diversity of the kits being built. I picked the Storch because it was in the stash and I have this cool Swiss scheme, but the kit I would really like to do for this GB is the Revell Harrier which came out in 1972. I remember building it with my dad and being so excited with the huge sheet of decals that I ended up using both the RAF roundels and US stars and bars. I loved it it was so colorful. Never been able to find one in Europe at a reasonable price. Enough nostalgia, on to the pictures:

cockpit2_zpso6x0hy1f.jpg

Cockpit4_zpsgfnfowfr.jpg

cockpit3_zpsrtu4xt1s.jpg

cockpit5_zpscu5irsba.jpg

closed%20fuselage_zpsq07opbmv.jpg

Till next time, thank you for following this build,

David