Red Baron plane by Daniel

Denie

I think its the Hasegawa 1/8 model. If you look at the 24h build 109 photos in discussion you can see one in the background on the shelves!

Its for sale in the states and I got one sent over as a treat for me to complete over the next few years. megahobby.com had it.

It was very expensive, £300, so I got special dispensation from the wife in advance. The serial build magazine is on UK ebay for £250 for the first 70 issues I believe. The cynic in me thinks the last few issues will become rare and expensive and will have the irreplaceable parts such as the pressed metal cowling.

I have managed to convince myself that this model is worth every penny. I could sell it on ebay without a loss, but it will keep me happy for the next few years on dark winters nights.

Hi Daniel,

Looks like alot of fun.

Guys, what he is talking about is an awesome concept that we don't have here in the States. I saw it in Spain and I thought it was the greatest thing since resin! What they do is: every week, you go to the newstand and buy a weekly instalment. It has some subassembly in it. They do this with RC cars, Scalextric stuff, wooden boats, dollhouses, dioramas, etc. One of the ones I saw when I was there, was diorama of a workshop. The kit was just a workbench and that week contained a small photo-etched fret, some wood pieces, some white metal castings, and directions, along with a small magazine which may have had the directions in it. It is a great idea. They will take a kit and break it into sub-assemblies and sell a project week by week.

I think it is a great idea. Imagine, every Friday, you get off work and head to the newsstand with your pocket money. You pick up the new mini kit and head home. Then you sit down and unwind with a small project. Then, at the end of the project, you have a project that is better than the sum of its parts, and one that you might not have been able to tackle financially, psychologicaly, and time-wise. I would love it. Every week, you would look forward to knowing that you will have a project to work on, that it wouldn''t be too big a project, and that you would be focused on only that one part. Imagine buying that 1/32 Tamiya F-16 one week and one sub-assembly at a time. It's self pacing, you would actualy finish a project, and it would spread out the cost. Even though I am sure that it makes the kit more expensive, I think it would be worth it. It seems like it would really help to enhance the enjoyment of the hobby. Think about sitting down with your 1/8th scale stabilizor project (like Daniel) and relaxing over a few hours of work.

Again, I can't hide my enthusiasm for this concept, and I wish they would do it here in the States.

Looks good Daniel and have fun!

Pete

Hi yal

Thank you Pete you answered LSP Brad much better than me.

The third issue has really cool guns made of of metal.

I will send some more pics soonas

from

Daniel