2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

So sounds like a plan for a meet-up is coming together for Wednesday?  Is anyone going to the Night at the Museum Tour on Thursday?  Looking forward to my first Nationals.  I've been told to bring some serious wallet for shopping (at Nats) and that there is a UPS shipping place very close by...

Chris

Guest Smitty44

Brian, is that the SAC museum? I didn't sign up for it specifically because I understood there would be an unofficial LSP trip there independent of that event

Guest Smitty44

It was a conversation we had here Brian. You said you had transportation and asked if others could provide some. Harv and Ernie were a couple of the folks who offered vehicles.

Guest Smitty44

I'm really looking forward to meeting the guys and gals at the vendors table who feed my addiction also. Actually I'm gonna hit Dana Bells table first and pic up some literature and se if I can't coax him to sign them.

Edited by Smitty44

The Texans I've met are all heart and genuine, I have a transplanted Canadian nephew living down there and have met some of his neighbours.

As an aside about the wanna-be Texans, heard a joke:

A wealthy Texan is in Newfoundland to look at his investment in an oil rig. He's driving around the island and comes across a farmer working his field. He stops to chat and looks at the tiny acreage and asks, "Is that your whole farm?! Back in Texas I have a ranch that takes me two days to drive around on my tractor!" The farmer looks up and says, " I had a tractor like that once".

Richard

PS: Hope to make the Nats one day when it's closer. Have fun guys!

Edited by R Palimaka

Guest Smitty44

The only thing I'm concerned about is if a group is gonna go eat at the Brothers, then perhaps we should decide on a night, take a show of hands of who's going, and make reservations.