1/32 Hobbycraft RAF P-51 Mustang Mk.1a FINISHED !!!

Tolga ULGUR

Tolga,

Looking forward to how you assemble all those parts into the cockpit, then further detail it including all the necessary wiring.

Joel

Fitting test looks good. Hope that they will be installed without problem into the cockpit.

Guest Clunkmeister

If you have the cockpit, the Aires p-51B wheelwell set is actually a P-51A set, so it'll work swimmingly.

After that, the only real issue is a misshapen spinner, and a few nose shapes.... The spinner should be basically a 3 bladed version of the P-51D spinner.

Once the spinner is corrected and installed, build up and sand the nose to match, and it'll be real close. use photos to guide you.

I'm not a member of the LSP Caliper Crew nor do I deal with the "Red Line Express", so maybe that bunch could say more. I rely on the Mk.1 eyeball. (Soon to be the Mk.1a)

Your pit is awesome, Sir. I'm really looking forward to seeing this done. I have a few in my stash, and they're great kits, actually, and with proper care and attention, build up into a beautiful rendition of an Allison Mustang.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

The kit was marketed in four boxings, AFAIK.

P-51A

Air Commandos

British Mustang 1

A-36

The A-36 seems to be the most scarce

The kit was marketed in four boxings, AFAIK.

P-51A

Air Commandos

British Mustang 1

A-36

The A-36 seems to be the most scarce

Yess, I have nearly all of them. I will use them slowly. It seems that next step will be Air commandos.

If you have the cockpit, the Aires p-51B wheelwell set is actually a P-51A set, so it'll work swimmingly.

After that, the only real issue is a misshapen spinner, and a few nose shapes.... The spinner should be basically a 3 bladed version of the P-51D spinner.

Once the spinner is corrected and installed, build up and sand the nose to match, and it'll be real close. use photos to guide you.

I'm not a member of the LSP Caliper Crew nor do I deal with the "Red Line Express", so maybe that bunch could say more. I rely on the Mk.1 eyeball. (Soon to be the Mk.1a)

Your pit is awesome, Sir. I'm really looking forward to seeing this done. I have a few in my stash, and they're great kits, actually, and with proper care and attention, build up into a beautiful rendition of an Allison Mustang.

Thanks for the detailed information.

In fact I am not willing to work with hard surgery corrections in this project.

Due to closed wing flaps, main wheel weel doors have to be at closed position. So most of the details will be hidden under these doors. So I am planning to go as it is for this time being.

Maybe I will try Aires wheel well in the next projects. 

Is there any after market correction for 3 blades spinner.? 

Guest Clunkmeister

Not that I know of, although you can get an AM spinner, fill three holes, and cut in two new ones. Failing that, buy the Tamiya sprue on eBay and use the spinner.

Edited by Clunkmeister