1/32 Hobbycraft RAF P-51 Mustang Mk.1a FINISHED !!!

Tolga ULGUR

Tolga,

I'm a big fan of Accurate Miniature kits, so I know that the overall shape is dead on. With that said, I'm really looking forward to your build, especially all of that resin for the cockpit. I'm really in awe how you cut out and sanded the instrument panel face to the proper thickness without beveling it as I surely would have ended up doing. 

I'm going to have Harv send me a supply of his special LSP Popcorn  :popcorn:   so I can pull up my favorite viewing chair, and follow your build to its conclusion.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Don, dont hesitate to buy one. Its basic out of the box but builds up as a great kit! I converted a 1A to a Mustang I back in 09; a most satsifying build.

For anyone interested you can find it here  http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=23080&page=1%C2%A0%C2%A0

Dave/Ironman1945

Tolga,

I'm a big fan of Accurate Miniature kits, so I know that the overall shape is dead. With that said, I'm really looking forward to your build, especially all of that resin for the cockpit. I'm really in awe how you cut out and sanded the instrument panel face to the proper thickness without beveling it as I surely would have ended up doing. 

I'm going to have Harv send me a supply of his special LSP Popcorn  :popcorn:   so I can pull up my favorite viewing chair, and follow your build to its conclusion.

Joel

Thanks Joel

As a matter of the fact, no need to sand instrument panel face. Any problem about the thickness of the panel. It s very userfriendly

Tolga,

That some impressive detailing to the seat. I never would have thought about removing the molded on harness & belts, as they would have been good enough for me. but yours looks so much better then what the kit seat looks like, and it does look good. 

Joel

Seat looks great Tolga. Well done.

Jim

Tolga,

That some impressive detailing to the seat. I never would have thought about removing the molded on harness & belts, as they would have been good enough for me. but yours looks so much better then what the kit seat looks like, and it does look good. 

Joel

Thank you..

As I mentioned before, the casting and detailing of the Vector s resin is first class. It does not need much effort