MaestroModels(print) MIM-23B Hawk Missile in 1/32 for F-14A

Lars Befring

Lars, I cannot say for others but I'll buy couple sets. I'm sure you will sell several sets once you figure out a way to reproduce them in resin. Hobby decals did a large decal sheet with dry transfer that wasn't cheap and now it's hard to find. So, there are modelers out there that are interested in IRIAF Ali-Cats.

Lars, I cannot say for others but I'll buy couple sets. I'm sure you will sell several sets once you figure out a way to reproduce them in resin. Hobby decals did a large decal sheet with dry transfer that wasn't cheap and now it's hard to find. So, there are modelers out there that are interested in IRIAF Ali-Cats.

Happy to pre order...money talks bullsh$& walks...

We have decided to produce these in Resin instead :D

BUT I will need some help in producing the markings, so I will keep this thread alive

And it is a good place to let you know how the masters and the casting proceeds 

Thanks for the input!

/Lars

Now I have ordered the expensive 3D version  :crying: :doh:

YAY I found you! (shapeways won't tell me who ordered the missile) I will send you a par of cast missiles with markings free of charge if you PM me your adress when we get them done!!

Still gonna do them in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 (bring it on Wolfpack!)

Edited by Lars Befring

The missiles arrived from shapeways today, ranging from cute in 1/72 to "are you really sure this is the right size" in 1/32. 

They are aftercuring in the window right now (some extra UV never hurt any STL printed stuff) before I clean and give them the first layer of primer tomorrow.

Pictures will be posted of each stage

(the HAWK is really really big in 1/32!)

The missiles arrived from shapeways today, ranging from cute in 1/72 to "are you really sure this is the right size" in 1/32. 

They are aftercuring in the window right now (some extra UV never hurt any STL printed stuff) before I clean and give them the first layer of primer tomorrow.

Pictures will be posted of each stage

(the HAWK is really really big in 1/32!)

Might I suggest not using a flat primer on them. They will have a bit of a rough finish if you do. I would use something with more gloss for a smoother finish. 

can this missile be hanged up under the belly as well as Phoenixes (x4)? Pallets are the same in this case?

is the fixed-wing pylon the same as the one for the AIM-54?

could old '80s IRIAF/IIAF F-14s carry it as well?

Edited by Luca

can this missile be hanged up under the belly as well as Phoenixes (x4)? Pallets are the same in this case?

is the fixed-wing pylon the same as the one for the AIM-54?

could old '80s IRIAF/IIAF F-14s carry it as well?

They were only carried on the wing-phoenix pylon and was first used 1986 in the Iran-Iraq war, even today IRIAF fly with a mix of 4 Phoenix and 2 Hawk  or 2 Hawk and Sparrows

f-14a-tomcat-3-6073-iriaf-tc-33.jpg