F4U-1 birdcage Tamiya

pascal JMW

They're similar, but having both, I'd have to say I prefer PPP over the Vallejo product.

Kev

Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I love Vallejo putty for small cracks seams etc. but it's horrible for anything else as it shrinks like crazy. Will have to see if Sprue Brothers carries Plastic putty.

Joel

Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I love Vallejo putty for small cracks seams etc. but it's horrible for anything else as it shrinks like crazy. Will have to see if Sprue Brothers carries Plastic putty.

Joel

PPP is similarly constrained in its usefulness, but has a smoother consistency, and dries a little harder I feel. It also comes in a proper tube, rather than one of Vallejo's plastic paint bottles, which is always clogging for me.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Since the beginning of the build I have to have a change of mind and am going to make 386 white " ramblin wreck ".....

32013010.jpg

that a photo known by this corsair and to verify that the pin up is present :hmmm:

On the first photo by enlarging slightly she is guessed

suite_45.jpg

As I wanted to be on I modified the photo and to remove the light and the it appears better

suite_44.jpg

Have sees good pieces of the more clear (blue grey) engine cowling taken on 576 white "marine's dream "

:popcorn:

Pascal,

Finally  had a chance to catch up. Just an outstanding job on the cockpit. Your weathering and highlighting just makes everything POP :thumbsup: . And the start of your R2800 twin wasp is up to your usual high standards.

Looking forward to your next update.

Joel

• 4 months later...