2003 series Cylon Raider

spacewolf

Update time !! What with the cold temps outside and the Christmas rush, what better time to stay in and build ?  Onward !!  The top of the wing has a vent and a very noticeable color difference running from the rear bulge to about half way down the wing.Of course, the kit has nothing like that so using the drawings I rough sketched the lines....

6RAHWtI.jpg

And cut out the vent area..

7n75tU6.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

Scribing did not go smoothly... the top line went easy, but I screwed up the bottom line and had to fill, sand and redo it...

6GFr2Zt.jpg

But finally it came out looking like it's supposed to...

1O9i8I7.jpg

So slowly it's coming along, stay tuned, more glue sniffin' and plastic bits coming your way in a few days !!

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf

No rest for the weary... always something more to do... but I looove it ! :mental:

Turning to the bottom half of the wing... of course all the spurious seams need filling with stretched sprue... The wing inner edge has a large raised 'vein' which is not there on the season 1-3 version..

u6NvNAF.jpg

The inner side shows the area that has to be filled so I can remove the 'vein'....

hyCC7iI.jpg

Nothing for it but to cut thin strips of sheet and glue them in...

WHE5sjK.jpg

After giving the glue a good 24 hrs to dry, the raised area was carved and sanded away... still needs a bit of TLC but looks much more like it should !

yX9XVgR.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

Next up was the wing vent... this is a much deeper item than the one on top of the wing. Of course The detail is wrong for what I want... the outline of the opening shape drawn on...

fUDj3xu.jpg

The molded detail filled with more stretched sprue..

YfmYHcM.jpg

I was thinking about cutting away such a large area and wanted to reinforce the wing... wouldn't want the front of the wing breaking off... plus I needed the detail area to be deeper... so I cut out the shape from a sheet of .060 and glued it onto the inner wing...

d7GggTG.jpg

The opening was cut out and I verified I had enough depth for the mod I planned

wA6DLkb.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

A bit of thin sheet made the floor..

8xjc0tf.jpg

z0aEYt6.jpg

More thin sheet was used to make the louvers

JNXCmjP.jpg

x0l4H59.jpg

I was rather pleased with the way things went... now on to the next 'adventure'... :frantic:

More in a few days... Merry Ho HO everyone !!

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf