Saab JA37 Viggen 1/32 Scratchbuild.

tchwrma

Paulo,

if you haven't already you should get the Squadron Signal Viggen Walkaround. Very helpful source of information. It has some 3 view drawings as well that look a bit better than those by Björn Karlström.

Thanks, Harv!

Thanks, Peter!

I have 4 or 5 drawings, like these:

JSQkKem.jpg

If you have some more drawings, or reference photos. I will be very grateful.

Note that in this drawing the top view schows a noticeable error: the spine should be the same width from canopy to the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, not bulged as seen above.

Cheers

Rainer

Paulo,

if you haven't already you should get the Squadron Signal Viggen Walkaround. Very helpful source of information. It has some 3 view drawings as well that look a bit better than those by Björn Karlström.

Note that in this drawing the top view schows a noticeable error: the spine should be the same width from canopy to the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer, not bulged as seen above.

Cheers

Rainer

I never found this book, at least in pdf. But tanks, already!

Edited by tchwrma

Paulo,

Cheers

Rainer

Really! This was a good advice. So, I will be using these, here:

OPaAqjY.png

uqWPGlT.png

Thanks, Rainer!

Paulo,

those drawings show a JA-37 Jaktviggen. In your first post you said you wanted to do a AJ-37 (or AJSK, as they were called in later years and after several modifications...).

The JA-37 differs externally from the AJ (not to mention the cockpit) in several respects:

- the vertical stabilizer has a saw tooth and is enlarged

- four instead of three elevon actuators

- fuselage is 130 mm longer than AJ to accomodate the larger RM-8B engine that has one compressor stage more than the RM-8A

- the main wing spar is somewhat thicker and protrudes above the wing surface (only near the wing root). There is a traingular cover over this protrusion made from composite material

- the navigation lights have been moved to the wing tip

- there are two vortex generators on the canards, just in front of the elevator (instead of one on the AJ)

- the center tank has four fins and the fin layout is different from all other versions

- the JA has the prominent gun pack that accomodates the Oerlikon 27mm cannon

That's it from the top of my head...

Now, the cockpit is a completely different story. It very much depends on the timeframe.

So make sure you have the correct drawings for your version. And check all your references thoroughly...

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann

I found my way to do the job. I resized and redrawed the cuts of the plane. To get the correct measures, I used my digital caliper in the Airfix 1/48 Viggen kit, resizing to 1/32.

This is the result:

iehxf6Y.jpg

Now let's cut some plastic....

Paulo

Edited by tchwrma

• 7 months later...