Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

As much as i would be unimpressed by it, it's totally reasonable to speculate that Tamiya's next subject will be a German one. Even though BF-109s and FW-190s have been done to death by Hasegawa and Revell, they don't put any money in Tamiya's pocket.

Same logic applies to Revell doing their P-51D (expectations of which seem to be getting higher and higher).

And if its an allied subject i'm still thinking a razorback P-47.

-d-

As to the 190, yes Revell has done it and so has Hasegawa, but Tamiya will do the subject more thoroughly and in more detail than Hasegawa and to a higher standard of quality than Revell. I would buy a Tamiya 190 for sure. Big plus side as there are lots of interesting markings.

Tamiya Fw 190? Will go nicely with the two Revells and (er, how many?) eight (or was it only six?) new Z-M Wurgers.

Which variant got measured? Wonder what else can come out of the same engine sprue?

Tony

I guess the anti-Luftwaffe crowd around here hasn't actually built the "myriad" Luftwaffe stuff currently available in 2017.

If they had, they would understand why we Luftwaffe fans want a state-of-the-art, Tamiya treatment of almost any Luftwaffe subject.

The Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190 A8, for example, is a decent enough kit but now 13 years old and primitive compared to the modern Tamiya 1/32 super kits.

The ZM FW-190s aren't on the market and no one knows when they will be, or if they will be any good.  

Tamiya has given us the royal treatment with IJN/IJA aircraft, RAF aircraft, and US aircraft.

Is it so outrageous to ask for a Luftwaffe aircraft too?!

As to the 190, yes Revell has done it and so has Hasegawa, but Tamiya will do the subject more thoroughly and in more detail than Hasegawa and to a higher standard of quality than Revell. I would buy a Tamiya 190 for sure. Big plus side as there are lots of interesting markings.

i really wish Tamiya would do a Helldiver, but I would buy any 190 or 109 they make. If I had a choice, make it an early 109 or a D9. Or how about a Tamiya Hurricane, Wildcat, or Kate. 

Tamiya Fw 190? Will go nicely with the two Revells and (er, how many?) eight (or was it only six?) new Z-M Wurgers.

Which variant got measured? Wonder what else can come out of the same engine sprue?

Tony

I guess the anti-Luftwaffe crowd around here hasn't actually built the "myriad" Luftwaffe stuff currently available in 2017.

If they had, they would understand why we Luftwaffe fans want a state-of-the-art, Tamiya treatment of almost any Luftwaffe subject.

The Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190 A8, for example, is a decent enough kit but now 13 years old and primitive compared to the modern Tamiya 1/32 super kits.

The ZM FW-190s aren't on the market and no one knows when they will be, or if they will be any good.  

Tamiya has given us the royal treatment with IJN/IJA aircraft, RAF aircraft, and US aircraft.

Is it so outrageous to ask for a Luftwaffe aircraft too?!

All really wonderful and valid points ... and I certainly don't have any issues with whatever their next kit is - if it's WWII prop, I'm more than likely to nab it at some point ...

and that becomes a certainty if the A/C saw action in the European theatre.

So ... indulge me with a hypothetical here for a sec:

Tamiya are committed to making either a Bf.109 OR Fw.190 in their usual intricate 1/32 style ... not both ...

Regardless of and separate to Tamiyas business plans and profit margins - we get to choose the line and we only get one choice!

Everyone has their favourite choices, of course ... but I'd like to go along a slightly different line ...

First I'd like to state that my favourite Bf.109 is the E ... and my Favourite Fw.190 is the A-3.

Second I'd like to state that NEITHER of these would be my choice.

Reasoning is as follows ...

* Regardless of how potentially complicated or "difficult" it may be to put together any of the future ZM Fw.190 kits - they are pretty much guaranteed to be 1/ accurate and 2/ detailed.

* The current range of Hasegawa Fw.190 kits - however 'old' are still considered new tool ... and accurate in outline.

* I'm currently satisfied with the Cyber Hobby/Dragon Bf.109E ... It's accurate, detailed enough and the fit/finish is great ... Tamiya couldn't do too much better - at least not for a similar price.

* Not that they don't rate ... but the Bf.109 A-D series are nowhere near as popular ... you might as well produce a Bf.108 Taifun! ... 

* No one ... NO ONE has produced a Bf.109F-K series kit in 1/32 that doesn't have accuracy issues ... and while its a given that most have their particular favourite kit - be it Trumpeter, Hasegawa or Revell - for whatever reason ...

... none of those reasons can be that one kit is "more" accurate than another.

Therefore ... If I was given a vote - It would be for an accurate (caveat) Bf.109F-K series ... which, incidentally would fit in nicely with their current format of releasing multiple versions of the same A/C.

Just my thoughts ... Rog