Looking 1/32 pilots helmets

Nic C.D.

One of the things I like the most about building LSP's is adding as much detail to the cockpit as I can. I also like to bring some life into the model by either placing pilots or ground crew men around the aircraft - gives it a sense of size too. 

I'm building a Kitty Hawk Bronco at the moment and would like to place some pilots helmets in or next to the cockpit. Can anyone help me with this? Where can I find some helmets or has anyone some from kits where one was in (I have no idea. At all). 

Wouldn't it be nice idea for kit manufacturers to make a box with different kind of helmets, bags, vests, g-suits, oxygen masks, knee pads, etc. ? What do you think?

Thanks for your input everyone!

Nic

• 2 years later...

Used the academy F18 pilots (or pilot heads) I can't remember and used the dremel to carve out the inside of the helmets. Got a few spare ones...

Karim

Edited by karimb

Some came in the Verlinden 1/35 Cobra set.

Also Harold I believed it some too?

I did a couple some time ago, but never offered them up for retail. I don't know If I still have the masters laying around somewhere. 

Reedoak on this forum has some absolutely amazing figures and separate helicopter flight helmets.  I have ask if he would do Vietnam era jet helmets and I think he has them on the list - he works amazingly fast and with a very high degree of detail.  This link is to his page with helmets.  I think he may also see this post and answer questions.

http://reedoak.com/#!/1-32/c/13281309/offset=0&sort=normal

Jerry

Is there a go-to site for something like "helmets for dummies" to help show/explain differences? I'd be interested in some in 1/32 especially for USN/USMC Vietnam but I don't know the differences (or even if USAF had different helmets). I know just with the USN/USMC there were several types used at the same time but don't know exactly how many. I can only tell from obvious difference of two types since one has the visor slot in the center, then other with the slot riding on the sides with a clean front. Like this one....

helmet.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos