review of master model mig type static dischargers

dashotgun

Having recently acquired the new mig 29 a from trumpeter  now I had to decide   which if any am material to  buy.  I ended up with a quickboost K 36 ejection seat leftover from the  SU 27 project ditto the   stencils.  after some reflection   I  bought the  wheels and exhaust from Zactoman( much internal debate about the exhaust but it is such a prominent feature I had to.  Decals form Begemot the pito  tube also form master models, and the subject of this review the  master model static dischargers.  The  Tamiya  F16 was the first to my knowledge to include fine wire to model the dischargers  before that you either had to scratch built them or ignore them entirely.  The model includes them although as injected plastic.  They are too thick and will most likely be broken off with handling  needed for construction and painting. They also ignored   a pair on the main wing only showing one there. So back to  ignoring or scratch building.

Master  models AM-32-066 has  14 mig type  static dischargers for around $7.00 plus shipping.     first picture is the wing and  static discharger from the modelp2824642532-6.jpg

nest is a closeup of the dischargers

p2824642530-4.jpg

close up of the package these are very thin wiil end up drilling small holes to insert them

p2824642527-6.jpg

I recommend them as the  scale correction  adding the missing one on the wing and to avoid the inevitable shearing one off during assembly is avoided .  you need one on each rudder two on each wing and  two each on the horizontal stabilisers.  For a total of 10 the package includes 14 so some spares  are provided.  Depending on your  aims and modeling pocket book these are a worthy addition.  

I've bought 2-3 packs including those for the MiGs.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&product_type_id=&code=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=static&setPerPage=25&sort=0&search_direction=asc&save_search_name=&save_search=

In 1/32 they look very handy (but insane in smaller scales). The pitot probes are worth having too.

Tony