TAMIYA 1/32 F4U-1A WIP FINALLY DONE

oppenheimer

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Absolutely first class work and your weathering is so on the money, it's ridiculous!

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Your craftmanship is superb and an inspiration.

_MG_6788_zpsthb8rgpw.jpg

Here's a couple of minor details that you may consider adding to your MLG.  First, the MLG has a tube attached to towing shackle on the front of the stub axle as provided in the kit.  This is part of the "lifting device".  What's missing is the cable that connects the tube, at the pivot, to the structure at the top of the landing gear.  A slot in the wing skin accomodates the cable as the landing gear retracts.  Second, the fairing at the top of the MLG has a canvas cover seal attached to the fairing and wing skin.  As the MLG retracts this canvas seal unfolds.  Here's a very good image that shows all these details.  It is from:

http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/corsair.html

ANNF4U7.JPG

Don

P.S. - The lifting device cable pulls on the stub axle as the gear retracts compressing the shock strut allowing the wheel to clear the aft end of the wheel well.  More useless bits of trivia.

this will be the last update for 8 days, got to fly out of the country, i finished the propeller, looks worn but i think it is ok if you visualize this birds working on sand runways on the airplanes i fly the propos get worst in paved runways so i thinks this one is ok for my taste :)

_MG_6802_zps23pavcrr.jpg

_MG_6798_zps2wk8u9b0.jpg

and here is a general view of the bent wing bird so far, little by little is starting to look like a Corsair

_MG_6801_zpskiteye4q.jpg

Edited by oppenheimer

• 2 weeks later...