Spitfire MKI/II

Aaand, last pic of the OOB Spitfire for the night. Was a refreshing change-of-pacer to build something 'normal' for a switch. These group-builds are a great way to get the models outta the closet, and built before a deadline. I guess the last day for this build has been stretched to the 15th, but I have acquired a disconcerting habit of finishing on the LAST day on every single group-build I've joined so far. Hmmmmm. I will have to work on that. Maybe.

Before anybody says anything,or notices it...I intentionally made the serial# incorrect for my own distorted reasons. It should be K9959, not 9599. Kinda like having a new concrete slab poured/levelled and finished,....then putting a human handprint in it with a date to say, I was here. :unsure:

post-4413-1220182162.jpg

Final pics tomorrow when I have some daylight.

Couldn't resist showing what one of my next projects will be. Behold..."The Flying Pancake"! A.K.A. 'the geometric fart'.( I actually prefer; 'the flying cow patty' :unsure: ) Notice the movable cyclic helicopter type prop blades. This thing would've 'viffed' like a Harrier in changing direction, and hovered in a 28kt. headwind. :huh: Coming soon to a group-build near you. Later, Russ

post-4413-1220182348.jpg

post-4413-1220182368.jpg

Thanks Guys!!, I won't be posting anymore pics of this build as I was planning. My short attention span(which is only about as long as the 'wing' of the Pancake :rolleyes: ), and slavering faniacal desire to move on to the next project preclude this. It's been 2 weeks since I chopped something up, or slathered putty, and I must move on.

This Spitfire has already 'flown the coop', and joined the MK.XIV in somebodies display case.( a models version of going to heaven? ;) ) Had to 'clear the decks' for the carrier group-build. Bon Voyage' Spitfire MK.1, "may you have blue skies, a little kid to varrooom you around the room with, and a dust-free envirnment." sigh.

Would like to thank everybody for following along, and putting up with my endless drivel and chatter. It's been a lot of fun, and I've made many a new friend here. I will always have fond memories of the summer of 2008, and the RAF Group-build. Gonna hate to see it go. ;)

One last pic as 'she walks out the door' , Wave; bye bye! Hope to see ya'll in the next group-build! :P Russ

THE END.

post-4413-1220234670.jpg