Hurricane IIC

More pictures. The cockpit assembly and engine. I did a bit of wiring and "gizmology" on the engine, but nothing extensive. I will have to do a bit more for the filter, which is pretty empty.

post-717-1209081818.jpg

HI Say that's looking relly nice and looks like it's going together relly sweet.

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It really is a contrast with the old Airfix kit, which builds up nice but can be an absolute $&*@(#$, especially the forward fuselage. Bit more detail in the Airfix engine area, as well.

I can see where this kit would be really fun to super-detail, but I didn't feel like doing that this time around.

Tim W.

Hurri progress continues. The wings just went on so soon I'll be updating the pictures and starting the painting process.

I'm going with the 2d scheme:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/preview/Mo...24044_cover.jpg

Not sure if I'll do the RIAF or some other RAF squadron, but it will be a green/grey SEAC aircraft.

My Hurri Mk I is already in the dark green/earth scheme, so I want to do a bit of contrast.

Tim W.

Hi Tim,

this actually seams to be a very good kit for super detailling as you mentionned.

I also have to say your build is impressive as it stands and it looks great.

Please send us some more pics!

Cheers,

Loic

And thus I spent various times during the weekend priming, then painting the white ID bands/ID letter areas and masking them off.

Next, I painted the decal light blue and put the roundel masks on, as well as the red elephant squadron markers.

Did the underside and upper surfaces, which had to be masked as well as these are your standard RAF color demarcations and are not blended very much at all.

Pictures to follow soon...

Tim W.

Lookin' real good Tim! post-3154-1210035316.gif

Thanks. Still has a ways to go, to achieve that lived-in, serving in Burma look, but I'm happy with the paint job so far.

Hard to see in the picture, but there are also Montex masks all over the place for the markings. I had good success with them on a Trump P-47; these markings are a lot less complicated.

Tim W.

Kit nearing completion at this point.

I will have pictures soon, but essentially the main assembly, including wheels, flaps, propeller, etc have been completed and added.

Painting is done and Montex masks have worked their magic.

I'm in the process of weathering/etc. and still have some details to complete, the gunsight, windscreen, canopy and landing lights, as well as the bits that always break off if I put them on too early (pitot tube).

Stay tuned...

TimW

Finally, more pictures. All I've really got left is the masking/painting of the windscreen and canopy and the attachment of other odds and ends (pilot's step, pitot, etc.) Then maybe some very minor touching up. Later Hurricanes had no aerial on them as they had different radio equipment. This is a 1944+ bird, so no aerial this time (I hate doing those things!)

post-717-1210729151.jpg

And a close up of the front end. I was initially concerned about the exhaust grunging up the squadron markings, but figured it's not like it didn't happen on the real ones.

post-717-1210729251.jpg