A-6A Intruder VA-145 Trumpeter 1:32

Koralik

My personal thoughts on the weathering is that it's somewhat overdone for a grey over white aircraft; these were glossy and weathered far less than the later low-viz all over grey schemes upon which the weathering you've depicted would be more appropriate.

However, it certainly makes for an eye-catching model - albeit not typical of an Intruder in this scheme.

I'm with Tom on the weathering - it's pretty harsh for a high viz aircraft, but still, it's very well done and looks excellent on your model. You have obviously used the kit decals, hence the funny "KALKRAY" markings around the walkways. Gotta love Chinese decals... :D The seats were probably GRU-5s on the real a/c, but the kit gives you GRU-7s. Then, I am pretty sure A-6As did not have slime lights but the original red formation lights. 

Anyway, a model to be very proud of - excellent!

Edited by Starfighter

Thank you all for the warm words.
I hope you are not tired of my models yet.

This model is painted using different modelling techniques. First of all, it was pre shading, but made quite unusual ( please find below a photo of another model), however the technique is the same.

QgFX94v.jpg?1

Next step is color+tinting with a bit of white and a darker colour for surface differentiation. Next step is apply the salt effect ( using crystal salt and never the kitchen one), which I remove after drying.

Jq1ZMtY.jpg?1

Later, using the paper P3000 I remove the places where it looks too strong and it does not meet my expectations.
Then I put delicately the (TC) Tone controller filter + the wished color with 100:15 ratio. Tone Controller is kinda colourless base.
In addition, I use Tamiya wethering master SET B and D. Then I put gloss clear coat 2K.

Clear coat on the another A-6 model

CT9sXra.jpg?1

After drying I apply decals and I do wash, spot reaper and delicate shading.

At the end I make some scratches and abrasions, and using brush I imitate the places that were repaired, or painted within years of exploitation.
Finally I apply matter or semi matte finish.

Edited by Koralik