How about a new 1/32 Revell-Germany P-40B Tomahawk?

Bill M.

Guest The Southern Bandit

How about a Val and Kate? Ki-43 type I? How about any and all in the P-40 series since Hasegawa is so stingy with them? How about a nice P-36 and a Ki-27 Nate?

Yup, now we are talking.

Guest The Southern Bandit

When someone comes out with a nice kit, it seems to always bring out desires that they should also make X, Y, and Z. Mostly wishful thinking.

And nowt wrong with that, its pleasant logical thinking too, for sure and overall the Revell 1/32 fighter kits released recently have been getting better and better, why would we not think like this?

Yes, forgot about the Hurricane, and you could add the Tempest and Typhoon, although the Czech kits do those justice.

I also forgot about a new tool Griffon Spitfire

P-38: that's more like Revell doing a new tool Bf 110 or some other twin. Small box/modest price surely limits options to single engine types, other than the envisaged single seat Swallow.

Tony

Well I guess nearly all the single engine planes mentioned in that thread will be retooled by Revell. Don't you see the recent trend: 109, Spitfire, Mustang, 190, 262 ? All of these topics were part of the old large scale releases...

I guess that's why some are thinking new tool P-38, Beaufighter and Bf 110 G-4.

They're all welcomed as "they're not too pricey to botch"

Tony

You mean because Tamiya hasn't already negated the need to ever kit that plane again in 1/32 scale?

By your logic Revell shouldn't bother with Mustangs either since Tamiya has already negated the need,  And yet....

If RoG can release a Corsair at the same price point as their Mustang and at the same (or greater) level of quality as the Mustang, my guess is that it will sell quite nicely.  Probably outsell the Tamiya kit.    

Probably outsell the Tamiya kit.    

'Anything' they did that Tamiya has already done would

outsell them because of price alone.

Well I guess nearly all the single engine planes mentioned in that thread will be retooled by Revell. Don't you see the recent trend: 109, Spitfire, Mustang, 190, 262 ? All of these topics were part of the old large scale releases...

I'd buy a few razorback P-47s  :popcorn:

You mean because Tamiya hasn't already negated the need to ever kit that plane again in 1/32 scale?

:hmmm:

Several companies in the armor realm have released numerous Panthers and Tigers (Tamiya, Dragon, and Zvezda to name a few), and yet this year alone many more are throwing their hats in the ring. Takom, Meng, Trumpeter are set to release many variants and RFM just announced a new Bergepanther to compete with Takom's kit. Indeed, 2018 is being called the "Year of the Panther" so it really doesn't matter if others have already released a kit.

As has been mentioned before, Dragon's Panthers do not make money for Meng, just as Tamiya's Corsairs don't for Revell.

Edited by CATCplSlade

As I have a bit of a 'thing' for the P-36/P-40 series of aircraft (I have six of the Hasegawa kits!), I'd love to see RoG produce a P-36 and P-40 B/C in 1/32nd scale. I'd also like a series of P-38 kits, including the P-38 F/G/H and, as it seems unlikely that Tamiya will ever produce them, a series of late mark F4U Corsairs -4/4B/5/5N/AU-1 would also be fantastic.