• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#196 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

Nice progress there Chuck. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to the engine.

If you check the top right box of step 43, it shows you the holes to be drilled out for the pipework. I missed the cutouts in the circular part of the wheel bays on my first Spitfire so I can understand how it happens.

Carl
  • harvey and chuck540z3 like this

#197 chuck540z3

chuck540z3

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

Nice progress there Chuck. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to the engine.

If you check the top right box of step 43, it shows you the holes to be drilled out for the pipework. I missed the cutouts in the circular part of the wheel bays on my first Spitfire so I can understand how it happens.

Carl

:BANGHEAD2:

Thanks Carl!  I bet I looked at that page 20 times and couldn't see the forest for the trees.  My only excuse is that the diagram is faded while all the other diagrams are dark grey, so it doesn't jump out at you.  I don't recall having the same problem with my Mustang build, so it must be more obvious in those instructions. I have edited my prior post accordingly!

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3, 14 February 2018 - 12:38 AM.

• harvey likes this

Current Challenge:  1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk IXc

BsOXKZ.jpg

#198 ax365

ax365

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Good morning Chuck.  Sorry that I'm a day late and a dollar short to your latest project.  What a great memento to your Uncle Will and a fine Lancaster build as well.  Your work on this Spitfire has been terrific.  I applaud your attitude of working smarter, not harder when it comes to details that won't be seen.  That should help you tremendously.  As I've said before, I really appreciate your attention to detail as it shows in the finished product and it give the model that added 'pop'.  I'll continue to follow along to see how this masterpiece turns out.

Mike

• MARU5137 likes this

Not posting a signature anymore because someone found my last one offensive.

#199 FunkyZeit

FunkyZeit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Nice Chuck!

Beware, trying to fit ignitions behind the exhausts is nearly impossible. I'd give that all a test fit before you commit to paint.

Justin

#200 jenshb

jenshb

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

Yep, the bottom of the exhaust shield needs to be thinned to the point where you can see daylight through it, and even then, the leads need to be angled down a bit to make them go together.

Jens

#201 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,419 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

Chuck

Incredible work as always with nothing left undone. over the years, I've always admired you abilities to research nearly every inch of the aircraft and then replicate them on your build. The Spitfire is holding true to course and a gem to follow.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Trumpeter SBD-1

gCSaNS.jpg

#202 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Chuck..

PHENOMENAL workmanship..

Your tenacity and fortitude in creating an AMAZING model is an INSPIRATION To us All

Thank you . Beautiful work. Very nicely detailed...love the minute work too that is extremely exacting! :clap2:

:wow: :bow:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users