HPH SB2C Helldiver

Sweet!

Thanks!

Holy moly, indeed a BEAST....excellent build, it's a really impressive "bulk" of an aircraft, very very massive and your model reflects it beautifully

Jack.

Yep, sit it next to a Wildcat or Dauntless (or a P-39 or Spitfire) and you gotta wonder if the laws of aerodynamics were set aside for it!

Thanks Jack!

Almost.

But it's positively handsome next to, for example, a Fairey Gannet.

The Gannet is neck and neck with the Fairey Barracuda for the "fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" award! Gotta love the Brit approach to mission creep though - need the aircraft to do a different job? Crikey, we can pop-rivet this lump right HERE!  :coolio: 

The Gannet is neck and neck with the Fairey Barracuda for the "fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" award! Gotta love the Brit approach to mission creep though - need the aircraft to do a different job? Crikey, we can pop-rivet this lump right HERE!  :coolio: 

Fairey went through a phase of incredibly ugly and ineffective aircraft - Gordon, Hendon, Fulmar, Albacore, Battle, Firefly, Barracuda & Gannett.

They also designed a tactical nuclear anti-ship missile to be carried by the Gannett - the "Green Cheese" project. Thank goodness that was cancelled, as it sounded like an accident waiting to happen.

Fairey went through a phase of incredibly ugly and ineffective aircraft - Gordon, Hendon, Fulmar, Albacore, Battle, Firefly, Barracuda & Gannett.

They also designed a tactical nuclear anti-ship missile to be carried by the Gannett - the "Green Cheese" project. Thank goodness that was cancelled, as it sounded like an accident waiting to happen.

Them be fighting words for sure................

Just saw this.

Beautiful job on a difficult kit.

Thanks! I would rank it higher than a typical IM kit, difficulty level about on par with a limited run kit but I was pleasantly surprised at the fit - it is well engineered. Having said that it is way over-engineered! It seemed to just go on and on, the end was dim light at the end of the tunnel for a long time!

Thanks! I would rank it higher than a typical IM kit, difficulty level about on par with a limited run kit but I was pleasantly surprised at the fit - it is well engineered. Having said that it is way over-engineered! It seemed to just go on and on, the end was dim light at the end of the tunnel for a long time!

And i guess that over-engineering can hardly be seen afterwards, like detailing inside?

Jack.

Very cool looking Helldiver, very clean build!! I wish some manufacturer would come out with a plastic version that's more affordable. Come on Hasegawa!!!

Congratulations on finishing this beast!!

Thanks! I doubt you would see one from Hasegawa, the entire airframe is essentially open bays, doesn't really fit with their current philosophy. I'm not sure which mfg would take on the challenge (and get it right)

Mark