Mystery 109 Build; Revealed!

PhilB

This has been a remarkable journey with an equally remarkable outcome. Bravo Phil, your diorama is splendid. Comparisons with the actual photo show just how accurate your rendition is.

Great stuff mate, Thanks for sharing the experience, it's been a pleasure following along.

He looks ok but has rather staring eyes which I just couldn't get to look right

Phil

Painting the eyes of figures in this scale is always tricky. If it's any help I've found that often just a suggestion of the eye is enough. In the past all I've done is apply a thin line of light grey followed by a dab of black in the centre. It's all too easy to try to incorporate all of the features of an eye but in this scale, very little would be seen. HTH

Indeed:

http://labs.wanokoto.jp/olds

It's in Japanese unfortunately, but not too hard to work out what to do.

Kev

Thanks for the link Kev. I've been looking for something like this. There seems to be an English version link in the top right hand corner of the page too which makes it even easier.

Phil, if you are using PB then you can edit your photos using FotoFlexer which is included in PBs editing suite. It has a button to age photos. You are able to vary the amount of aging applied.

Once again, congrats on a superb and entertaining build. :clap2:

This has been a remarkable journey with an equally remarkable outcome. Bravo Phil, your diorama is splendid. Comparisons with the actual photo show just how accurate your rendition is.

Great stuff mate, Thanks for sharing the experience, it's been a pleasure following along.Painting the eyes of figures in this scale is always tricky. If it's any help I've found that often just a suggestion of the eye is enough. In the past all I've done is apply a thin line of light grey followed by a dab of black in the centre. It's all too easy to try to incorporate all of the features of an eye but in this scale, very little would be seen. HTH

Thanks for the link Kev. I've been looking for something like this. There seems to be an English version link in the top right hand corner of the page too which makes it even easier.

Phil, if you are using PB then you can edit your photos using FotoFlexer which is included in PBs editing suite. It has a button to age photos. You are able to vary the amount of aging applied.

I applaud you Phil :clap2: Congratulations on producing such a wonderful diorama, you must be really pleased with the outcome (I am certain that your father would have been very proud indeed).

Derek

That is absolutely superb and very convincing! Well done!

I suspect that the box with cables on the ground may be a battery - they probably attempted to start the engine.

The whole diorama is a beautiful thing to behold.

Radu

This build has been a true pleasure to watch unfold, take a bow! Just a note regarding Bert's eyes I think he's got too much of the white in his eyes, you just need a little at the edges, with the majority being the pupil. This may help, and if you look at the first pic you can see very little white http://www.missing-lynx.com/articles/figures/mbheads/mbheads.htm

Phil,

I am astounded that you were able to so superbly build and finish 3 aircraft, with one being a diarama, in 6 months. I had forgotten about the F5 until you mentioned it. A big, big time congratulations on really, an over the top show and tell build.

Super good show.

Truly, many thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Mark

Not much your ol buddy can add here that already hasnt been stated!

Well done mate!

Just an awesome build and one of the best dios ive seen.

Certainly one of the best ive seen on this site as well; and that's saying something as there are more superb modelers here than almost anywhere else Ive been.

Well done Wthumbs_116360-magic-marker-icon-transport-travel-anchor6-sc48.png! (lol lil om-ash to your F-5!)

Great job Philly!

Oh F......! Damn, Phil!!!! :frantic:

That's a Gorgeous all out bit of modeling you've done/doing there. S... the 109, the paint/effects, and that f....n base, the trestle, etc., your rated PG in my book, Pure Genius. Your F....n Rockin it so Fresh, to the outer edges of the Iniverse..:party0023:

I'm goin ape s... over here, outrageous, oh yeah, and btw- your welcome, anytime!!! You nailed it!!!! Top Notch for certain. Nice f....n job!!! :goodjob:

Peace,

Alfonso

That's a Gorgeous all out bit of modeling you've done/doing there. S... the 109, the paint/effects, and that f....n base, the trestle, etc., your rated PG in my book, Pure Genius. Your F....n Rockin it so Fresh, to the outer edges of the Iniverse..:party0023:

I'm goin ape s... over here, outrageous, oh yeah, and btw- your welcome, anytime!!! You nailed it!!!! Top Notch for certain. Nice f....n job!!! :goodjob:

Peace,

Alfonso

...I take it that you liked it then Alfonso?...

Derek

Simply awesome.

Thanks Keith.

Seriously, this project has been great to follow, from beginning to end. You've done a marvelous job, in every respect! "Overstayed my welcome". Yeah, right! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words John.

Great stuff mate, Thanks for sharing the experience, it's been a pleasure following along.link in the top right hand corner of the page too which makes it even easier.

Thanks for looking in and the kind words Guy!

About time we had one of your stunning builds on here again!

I applaud you Phil :clap2: Congratulations on producing such a wonderful diorama, you must be really pleased with the outcome (I am certain that your father would have been very proud indeed).

Thanks very much Derek and it was good to have a chat at Telford.

That is absolutely superb and very convincing! Well done!

The whole diorama is a beautiful thing to behold.

Thanks Radu.

This build has been a true pleasure to watch unfold, take a bow!

Thanks Andy. I dropped a little dark wash into his eye sockets last night and he looks much better.

Doesn't look like he's been at a crackhouse the night before!

Phil,

I am astounded that you were able to so superbly build and finish 3 aircraft, with one being a diarama, in 6 months. I had forgotten about the F5 until you mentioned it. A big, big time congratulations on really, an over the top show and tell build.

Super good show.

Truly, many thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mark!

I'm going to get on with my Hurricane in the BoB group build nice and quietly. Its been a bit intense building wise lately!

Not much your ol buddy can add here that already hasnt been stated!

Well done mate!

Just an awesome build and one of the best dios ive seen.

Certainly one of the best ive seen on this site as well; and that's saying something as there are more superb modelers here than almost anywhere else Ive been.

Great job Philly!

Well me Bucko thanks for the kind words.

I had a chat with the F5 pilot last night and he says:

P6221083.jpg

:evil_laugh:

Thanks for your advice on the diorama Alfonso and thanks for the call last night, it was good to chew the fat a while!

Absolutely fantastic Phil! I have nothing else to say. :innocent:

Thanks big Fella!

Once again thanks to my many friends here who have helped. supported and encouraged me with this build.

Phil