ZM news from Telford & ZM website

Ralph-D

I already have both the Hs-129 and Me-410 in resin so no need for either of those, but the Nic is COOOOOOOL!   LOADS of cool schemes for that one. 

Me 2, but the Hs129 isn't a fun build.. mine is on the shelve of doom because of severe warping of the wings. An injection molded version is most welcome for me at least!

I have a picture of me sitting in the last remaining Hs 129 cockpit section many years ago in a small obscured museum near Chicago called Victory Air Museum. The Hs 129 cockpit section is a beast of an aircraft. I think the cockpit section ended up in Australia somewhere? Bring it on.

Yep, you're right. Here's a picture and link to some more information:

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000670620L.html

670620.jpg

The cockpit section is owned by Martin Mednis and he lives in Australia. is the cockpit from Hs129 B2, werknr 0385. 0385 started life on the production line as 0388 as a B1 model. Due to a production welding problem it was pulled off the line, modified and redesignated as 0385. The aircraft was found abandoned in Tunisia after hit being hit by flak. 

I think I have some very good photos of the restoration on my hard drive, but currently i'm at work. I will take a look when i get home.

Neither plane really doesn't do anything for me but I am happy that ZM will be producing these kits for the simple fact that their 32nd. scale WWII planes and there is an interest from other modelers and knowing myself I'll probably pick up one if them after all the hoopla dies down. Good job ZM bring them on!!!!

Me 2, but the Hs129 isn't a fun build.. mine is on the shelve of doom because of severe warping of the wings. An injection molded version is most welcome for me at least!

My only issue is that I have and love the Hs-129 B3, and the likely hood of a B3 coming out in IM is pretty low VS a B1 and/or B2. This being said, I also cant imagine any IM company putting the GORGEOUS schatton modellbau Bordkanone BK 7.5 canon.

I have not looked at my kit in a long time, but I do recall at least 1 panel of my kit being warped. However I get in touch w/Tim @ GMF and he sent out a replacement ASAP.

Have you engaged GMF yet on your warped wings?  I would guess Tim and crew would take care of you, and get you whatever you needed replaced.

The advantage to both of these new offerings is that they also have the opportunity to do multiple variants of each, by just changing a couple small sprues, here and there and/or adding a couple of "thinking ahead" features. I hope ZM has engineered the base kits with that in mind. A 129B-1 or B-3 would be easy and so would both early/late variants of the B-2 by just changing the gun. Heck, you could even put a lot of that in the same box for options. The same could be said of the Ki-45.

John

The advantage to both of these new offerings is that they also have the opportunity to do multiple variants of each, by just changing a couple small sprues, here and there and/or adding a couple of "thinking ahead" features. I hope ZM has engineered the base kits with that in mind. A 129B-1 or B-3 would be easy and so would both early/late variants of the B-2 by just changing the gun. Heck, you could even put a lot of that in the same box for options. The same could be said of the Ki-45.

John

Good points John. If the price point was on, I might even swap out the schatton modellbau  BK 7.5 brass barrel and associated parts onto a ZM IM version of the B3, if and when it comes out.

Or hell, even sub out the GMF parts onto an IM B1 or B2

Edited by Out2gtcha

I continue to be excited by both and plan to buy both.

I'm actually not any kind of Ki45 fan, but it'll be nice just to have something twin-engine and Japanese in 1/32.

But the Hs129 is something I've been hoping for, for a long while.

I find it sort of funny that large twin-engine stuff like the He111, Ju88, and He219 got done before the smaller(?) stuff like Hs129 and Me210/410.

In the future (hopefully), when some manufacturer does a Me210/410, Fw189, and maybe a Ta154 (oh and of course the one lots of people want, Do17) to go with the existing Bf110, He219, He111, and Ju88 (and upcoming Hs129), I'll be a VERY happy camper. I guess I just really like german multi-engine aircraft. Oh and then there's the Ju52 maybe coming...

To be fair, I'd also love to see a new P-38, Blenheim, Beaufighter...

It's amazing to think that some of these might actually be expected to happen now. Since so many companies are doing large kits regularly. A while back, I wouldn't have even dreamed we'd have half the stuff we have now.