Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

John

Never really gave any thought to drilling out the gauges as I'm still walking a tightrope as to what is allowed and what isn't. Right with you about the plotter board and for most of the time, it would be in the closed position. But since there isn't an option to display it open or closed, I had to go with the open position. I'm hoping the contest chairman will allow me to cut off the end or shorten the table to a more realistic position. But I'll have to wait and see.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 12/15/17: THE FRONT OFFICE CONTINUES

Making steady progress on the front office. All the major components for this assembly has been completed as per the kit instructions. Strictly adhering to Box Stock rules, care has to be exercised as not to alter or upgrade any of the parts. So far, except for having to settle on the IP being done exclusively with the kit parts, I have been very pleased as to what Trumpeter has put in the box. For the most part, kit parts are well molded, flash has been at a minimum and the fit has also been very good.

The basic cockpit components have been completed and glued to the floor and getting ready to attack the gunners area. I've devoted as much time to polishing, priming and shooting AK Aluminum over Mr Color Gloss Black and then toning down the NMF with MRP Semi Matt, as to actually building. Once the paint work for this portion was completed, all the details were carefully picked out with Tamiya Black Panel Line Wash, adding a bit more interest and depth. Overall, I'm quite happy with the interior, which seems to be leaning more towards a well maintained NMF rather then one painted with Aluminum lacquer paint for the period. This should work out well as I've decided to switch gears and for the exterior fuselage, going with Tamiya AS-12, representing the aluminum lacquer painted finish, which should add a bit more variety and contrast.

My Yellowhammer Decals arrived the other day: YHD32016 and they are beautifully done. The

painting guides are first class and the decals look dead on the money.

Next order of business is the rear gunners area: seat and single machine gun and kit provided details.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

om5xyM.jpg

BuygdP.jpg

v8y1Lj.jpg

97M7IG.jpg

4SYc5x.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Watching you build Peter, is a pure pleasure.

Your attention to detail is, well, exceptional.

Keep it up.

Damian

P.S. I was sad to hear that you where unable to get your Mossie to be judged, that build was what got me back into modelling after more than a decade hiatus. Thank You.