Revell P-51D release

Steve Eagle

Guest Peterpools

I feel my P-51D collection growing already. I have three finished Tamiya Mustangs on the shelf and can't wait to build a few more. Since the initial release is an early Mustang without the tail fillet, I'm making my war plans now and looking at some decals I already have.

Most important of all, I'm hoping Roy at Barracuda works some magic and turns out his P-51D detail sets to fit the Revell kt as I've used them on 2 of the three Mustangs already and they are superb.

Just a quick two from the collection:

wCkdpX.jpg

2crCMJ.jpg

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Where have you looked? Scalemates has links to six reviews.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1105836-revell-03944-north-american-p-51d-5na-mustang

They all look to be early in-box reviews. Some of the feedback I saw mentioned some minor differences w the released kit vrs the early test shots. Was hoping for a comprehensive full build review.

On a related note, would love to know how Barracudas stuff fits the new Revell kit.

Edited by John Irwin

Guest Peterpools

Steve

Thank you the reviews. The production kit review was just what the doctor order and the kit to these old eyes looks great. The close uop of the wings and I nearly feel off the chair 0 no rivets to the issue is already taken care of. Bravo Revell

Of curse, I always love to add some AM but right out of the box, the Mustang looks wonderful :)

Peter

Guest The Southern Bandit

I feel my P-51D collection growing already. I have three finished Tamiya Mustangs on the shelf and can't wait to build a few more. Since the initial release is an early Mustang without the tail fillet, I'm making my war plans now and looking at some decals I already have.

Most important of all, I'm hoping Roy at Barracuda works some magic and turns out his P-51D detail sets to fit the Revell kt as I've used them on 2 of the three Mustangs already and they are superb.

Just a quick two from the collection:

wCkdpX.jpg

Peter

Peter your Old Crow build is stunningly good, what a great looking metal finish, hope you entered this into a model show somewhere.