Tamiya-GT Resin-ZOTZ F-4B conversion VF-111

marauderdriver

Update:   Work on the intakes and figured had a bad mold kit because NOTHING fits!

And I mean nothing......resin or it parts.

Always a little extra effort when you have conversion and kit bashed together

I think this is a kit issue and not a resin issue as the kit has warped wings and fuselage.

Nothing a little elbow grease won't fix.IMG_6595.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Hi Jack

Sorry for just lurking and not checking in before. Nice work on the intakes and tackling all the little Tamiya patches that needed to be removed.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

There you go buddy! I like your progress Jack.Need anything, just ask....Harv

T'anks Harv........... Bouncing around to see how I'm approaching it.......... I'll Holler ...jack

Keep at it Jack, looking good. Awesome scheme, can't wait to see it come together.

Jim

T'anks Jim....... Always loved the Sundowner scheme..... Got an F-14A, want the F-8 C kit and conversion, also F-5E which I sold a few months ago....jack

Hi Jack

Sorry for just lurking and not checking in before. Nice work on the intakes and tackling all the little Tamiya patches that needed to be removed.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Lurk all you want, as long as you checking occasionally.

​So far nothing I didn't expect between the kit and the resin.  Since the kit has a few "Twist" nothing lines up without a fight, kit or resin.

Still thinking on the seats and pilots and not to concerned about over detailing the pit since there's a crew and canopies shut!

Don't have to sweat L/G ....hope the gear doors aren't to big a PITA......  Exhaust on the GT is a little "Finer" on detail,compared

to a CE  F-4B J-79 Nozzles set I have with the kit.

Post a few Pit and Exhaust pics now

Jack