Trumpeter SBD-2 Midway Survivor, Call her done!

dora9

Guest Peterpools

Andre

Awesome progress  you're already have passed my by. Wings look mighty good.

I did assemble and glue up the wings a few days ago and filled in any small mini seams I found on the leading edges with CCA. Ready to sand and then the lost rivet details need to be added. Oh what fun

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter,

The wings are quite easy to build, just a bit of rescribing and drilling the lost details while sanding, but that just it compare to what I already did!

So after beeing locked up for a few days at -24C, this is what I did. Finally closed up the fuselage, a bit of touch-up here and there and that will be it.

qwkUbpUh.jpg

3DTnmQRh.jpg

7TKV1kDh.jpg

Amw4M1qh.jpg

ONW5xSqh.jpg

I put the fuselage on top of the wings just to add stability while shooting the pics. Now on with the engine!

Stay tuned!

Edited by dora9

Yeah! Wings and horizontals are on! Spread the fuse a bit to improved the fit of the wings, horizontals are a drop-in thing not much to do about them.

When I was saying that this is one of the best Trumpeter kit, it reminds me of the Avenger. Tape on top of the fuse is to prevent the join to spread open, it is where the two panels for stowing the gun are.

wtBnPgvh.jpg

FUqjLXWh.jpg

NhPjPVih.jpg

A bit of clean-up to do and re-drill a few rivets and that will be it. Now engine and cowling.

Stay tuned!

Edited by dora9

Hi Jack, thanks!

Since Peter is doing a yellow wing, I thought of big rondels with the red meat ball and the stripes on the rudder or tone down at Midway. Not sure yet.

Think I'll toss a quarter to decide or ask my wife wich one and then do the other! :innocent:

If you want an SBD, then go for it! It's a really nice kit with lot of details out of the box!

Stay tuned!

Guest Peterpools

Andre

Fantastic progress and you're now way ahead of my build and I was inside for the same number of days!

Fit and details look spot on the money. I'm still fussing with the scoop on top of the cowl and hate scribing clear plastic and all I seem to do is: scribe - CCA - scribe - CCA: progress: zippo.

Very nice work attaching the rear portion of the cowl assembly.

Keep 'em comin

Peter