Trumpeter A6A Intruder:UPDATE:8/21/17: The Nose Gear: unpained

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mike

decided to fire the canons and advance the troops. It's contest time and I'm hoping this time I can at finish and enter the Big Guy. Right with you as I've been an A6 fan from day one. I even was lucky enough to tour the Calverton line and see them under construction back in the day.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi Gary

Glad your along for the ride and have a boat load of popcorn for the journey

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Hi Craig

I tend to be a a prop guy and lean towards fighters. But the A6 .. I just has a soft spot for her.

Glad you'll be hanging in with me for the ride

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Jari

Great link for sure and I'll need to check out what my A6 was fitted with. Any detailed A6A cockpit photos would surely be appreciated and I'll be asking for more photos all along the way as long as it is OK

Peter

Guest Peterpools

HI Justin

Sweet it is and sweet she also is. Nothing like a nice relaxing build being under the gun and after the A6, I'll be looking to do battle with the Owl and finally finish her up.

Peter

I've built two of these the A-6A and A-6E, really well engineered, the fit is excellent, almost starting to rival Tamiya (almost).  You won't be disappointed, which markings are you thinking of doing?  There's a company called videoaviation that makes really nice resin Mk. 20 Rockeyes and some other ordinance.  There's also some good resin Mk.82 Snakeyes that look good too.  If you want any help/advice on different parts of the build let me know and I'll try and help as best I can.  Just remember the join to the main fuselage is very good but it "clicks" into place and can be very difficult if not impossible to remove once attached, so make sure you spray and detail the main gear wells before attaching the wing to make life much easier.  With the resin cockpit make sure you really dry fit it over and over until you don't need any force to hold it together and make sure the canopy fit is flush too, when I did my A-6A (the build should be in the archive if you want to check mine out so hopefully the photo bucket thing won't get rid of the photos from the site) you might need to cut a corner from some of the main support I-beam of the fuselage to get the resin cockpit to fit.  Good luck and I'll be watching with interest.  Once I get imageshack going I'll post some of my new WIP for the super detailed F-15C I'm doing if you're interested.

Good luck

Dan

Hi Mark

Glad you're on board and along for the journey. Noting like working under the pressure of  a contest date!

Peter

I know the feling i have the same with the mosquitio it has to be ready before december soi can enter here voor the contest.

Mark