Brass casting LSP gear

Out2gtcha

This thread must not die!

Just went nuts online ordering all kinds of G Factor gear for kits I have in the stash.  I think I have some 'splanin' to do when the boss looks at the CC bill. :innocent:

Ive seen reports here and there of Ernie replying to people. He replied to me on FB awhile back and indicated the  OV-10 was still to be done, but Im not sure when/how fast. 

This thread must not die!

Just went nuts online ordering all kinds of G Factor gear for kits I have in the stash.  I think I have some 'splanin' to do when the boss looks at the CC bill. :innocent:

See... I just bought the Missus $300 in crafting supplies, that should open me up for about the same next paycheck... Isn't that how it works?

Hey, I just ordered my wife the belt sander she's going to need after pulling up the old carpet off the screened in porch. And I got her some really nice carpet squares to put down for free!

But to make her appreciate the belt sander, I'll first hand her a putty knife to scrape up the old glue.

• 2 weeks later...

They also released a 1/32th set for the Revell 109s...

IIRC, that was a pretty nice set?  I didnt get to see it in person. This just tells me stuff like this is possible, it just takes the right combination of the right person with the right skills, and equipment at the right time, with the right motivation.  

• 2 months later...

When I recently asked Ernie at G factor for another set of gear (for a BPK 737 in 1/72), he said he was still working on the OV-10, so I can hope for success in some direction.

His stuff is so far superior to the "other guys" that he should completely dominate the field. It is disheartening to see the sale of poorly cast pieces of solder that sort of represent the kit parts passed off as "stronger metal gear", able to support your large kit which had included the requisite weights for balance. It is just so hard to find G factor stuff in stock, and they cost what they are worth, so the sale is more difficult.

Tnarg

Hopefully it is OK to quote Ernie, but on the 20th of November he told me he was "still working on it and aware of the demand", speaking of the OV-10 landing gear set. He is very good at what he does, and the OV-10 has a very difficult gear to make right. Here's hoping that his magic works again.

Tnarg

• 4 months later...