Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

Guest The Southern Bandit

Went to try too  but does not let me log in (I'm from UK) tried UK Ebay and no sign of the listing there, seller has 98.9% positive feedback on 86 sales, hope it works out for you Jennings, be interesting to see what happens!

10th October is our release date according to Wonderland Models, £125 discounted there (ouch) might wait until Christmas and let the price come down a little.

It's "sold" now. Jennings got the only one apparently.

Showing limited availability here now and 5 sold, if its the same seller ??

Price:
US $29.99
Approximately C $36.57

Shipping:
US $10.00 (approx. C $12.19) Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.  help icon for Shipping - opens a layer

Item location:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions
Delivery:

So if its not a scam, and this guy really did make a mistake, is it fair to hold him to the deal? 

To me it is the same as when a seller has a starting bid twice the current selling price on eBay.

I once wrote to a seller informing him in a courteous way that there is an error in his listing. He responded in a very insulting manner to mind my own business.

So, If and when I see a listing with a low starting price or low buy it now price I buy and and I say nothing else.

If a seller is so uninformed and or just plain lazy to search for the same item on eBay to see what the current pricing is then that is his problem, not mine. 

Once an item has been sold it becomes a second hand thing and the pricing will vary as to the current market, how many people want that item, how much the seller wants to try to get his money back, etc. 

Let the buyer, and the seller beware.

Law is on Jennings side here, the auction is quite clearly stated ... it does seem to be constantly changing though from same seller if anyone cares to follow the sellers recent tactics and links, if it fails through he'll get his money back.

Nothing to lose by trying, I'd have done the same if the auction were available on UK Ebay ... Ebay protect you as a buyer and so do paypal.

At the very worst the auction will be retracted and nobody loses out.

Its all very strange though.

Guest Clunkmeister

To me, and this is just me, YMMV, I won't ever click on one of those super sweet deals because you have no clue what's on the other end. Ebay or not, when it smells fishy, it usually is.

Plus, if the dude made an honest mistake, why kick him when he's down.

A little honour goes a long, long way in my book..

My .02

Guest Clunkmeister

I notice on the two pre-order listings of the model for $34.99 that the shipping is $200.00 from Hong Kong.  Read the small, faint print, gents.

hehehehehehehehe.

Poof, gotcha!

That's one seriously expensive Corsair.

Edited by Clunkmeister