F4U-5N, Guy Bordellon, Korea 1953 FINISHED

blackbetty

i'm in too. this plane is glossy seablue with light blue markings, it should fit nicely into the theme of the GB

23897052407_853ca3a317_b.jpgcors124453c by karl holubar, auf Flickr

Trumpy kit (i know, i know), F4U-7 resin, lots of scratchbuilding.

just have to mount the static dischargers and the pitot tubes and other minor stuff to the fitter and i will give it a go

hi 

interesting choice !!!! I built a while ago the U7 version ( not always easy) . the black U 5 always tempted me , but unfortunately the resin conversion is no more available ( Olovier Pinsolle's kit ) . can't way how you will rework the engine cowl 

Alain 

thanx all ( :) ), got these pics allready

i have the resin, but the fit is a challenge. i have some ideas for the cowling, we will see...

there is a kind of radar scope in the pit of the N i assume, but have no idea how it looks. can anyone help?

Edited by blackbetty

hi 

well , IF ...... ( I say if ..) we had to trust Hasegawa ( Hasegawa released the U5N at the quarter inch ) , the Ip should look like this . note the radar scoop   

alain

ip from Hasegawa

100_1567.jpg

take a look here

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi8ruScguvXAhWFbxQKHUdnCYkQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.pegase.tv%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D5160&psig=AOvVaw0MPsuCZ0MauP0GQLGDT8H7&ust=1512293328258276

Edited by alain11

thanx for all the help

pic of the parts i have:

24004754387_bc7b60800a_k.jpg01 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

there is a lot to take care of: i have to fit the fuselage plug and redesign the cowl (i heard fit is not stellar of the resin parts) to a -5 with the airintakes on the sides. then i have to get rid of the fabric on the outer wings and horizontal stabs and redo the trimtabs.cannon bays are different because of 2 20mm cannon per wing instead of the 3 .50 cals. i have the master skyraider barrels with flash suppressors and hope i can use them. there also are two little panels on the side of the fuselage that act as flame hiders for the exhausts. a radome will have to be scratched and fit to the starboard wing. antennas and prism reflectors (any pics of these?) have to be fitted. the tailwheel door is allso different, as its completely closed. the decals will be self made, thats not a problem

i think i will start with the fuselage plug and cowl to see if i can modify it

stay tuned...

Edited by blackbetty

I am hoping to hear that the resin to plastic grafting goes off without a problem for you Karl  :thumbsup:

It will be interesting to see how the parts mate up and what you have to do to make them better, take lots of pics. :)

All the best,

Paul 

MK-20 Mod Zero was the most common illuminated reticle reflecting sight and was fitted to 5L's, Skyraider night variants and Tigercats.

http://www.aircraft-gunsights.com/reflector-sights/