Monogram Mustang - Mojo Mender

xmh53wrench

Lou,

Your Mustang builds are becoming legendary, both for there proliferation, the research, your tenacity, and the quality level youre achieving. This looks to be your best effort yet. Much to be proud of here Bud. Sorry to be so late to the party. Im looking forward to much more here...

Best

Geoff

Kev, Peter, and Geoff.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.

Something that has reared its ugly head today that I hadnt noticed was going on.  Whether its my Alclad application techniques, my handling techniques or build process techniques I see a degradation in the Alclad especially on the leading edges and tips of the tail plane.  The Alclad had darn near completely worn through.

As stated, I dont know if its the amount of Alclad applied, I have tried to be conscious of how I have handled the plane, or maybe much more thought and planning needs to be used on the order of how things are painted and or assembled.  

At any rate, this was supposed to be about learning and I knew going into this that it would not be a perfect build by any means, and i am not going to let this get me down.  On subsequent builds I will be addressing all three of these points. You folks out there that manage these incredible builds, not only Mustangs, but all the other types of aircraft gain a different and new respect from me on a daily basis......sometimes on an hourly basis. 

This was also about fun, which this old kit has not failed in that respect.  It has its draw backs, but those have not overshadowed the amount pure fun I have had with it....and the pure fact it looks all Mustang.

As its completion draws near, I have changed my mind on drop tanks and dug out some Dragon bombs, and will be painting those up to give it more of a feeling of a ground attack roll.

Left side is completed, and I have been also reworking the stand that had departed the wing quite a while back.

IMAG2836_zps6acad710.jpg

Thanks to everybody here who is so willing to share info and build pics for us to draw from.

I will get the hang of this yet....

Looking very good Lou, almost there.

Indeed, Alclad can wear out during handling, when not protected.

However, covering it with Alclad's own Aqua Gloss clear coat makes it much more durable,

without losing its metal sheen.

Cheers,

Peter

Looking very good Lou, almost there.

Indeed, Alclad can wear out during handling, when not protected.

However, covering it with Alclad's own Aqua Gloss clear coat makes it much more durable,

without losing its metal sheen.

Cheers,

Peter

Will be stopping by the LHS tomorrow to see if they have it in stock or if I can order some (ALC-600 I am assuming).  Thanks for chiming in.

Thank you as well Dora9!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...