• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#496 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

They will surely tell you that these cowlings look awfully empty .... :DodgeBall: :)

Hubert, the smart a$$
  • harvey and Out2gtcha like this

#497 geedubelyer

geedubelyer

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Good to see your Tigercat all mocked up Brian.
I was lucky enough to get to hold a built up model on Hph's stand last November and can attest to just how heavy this model feels with all of the weight inside.
It's nice to see you beginning to enjoy your big Cat after all of your hard work. Hope it's all plain sailing from here on in.
Cheers.
  • Out2gtcha likes this

#498 monthebiff

monthebiff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

That looks so good Brian, your tenacity with this build is really paying off.......keep going!

Regards. Andy

• Out2gtcha likes this

#499 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Thanks again guys. The Tigercat was surprising hit last night at the IPMS meet. Its SO big and heavy, that the poor JH Models stand was swaying and wobbling back and forth as anyone bumped the display table it was setting on. Although I didnt have 2nd pair of supports for the wings on, so Im sure that contributed to the wobbliness. 

I really need to find some clear resin or clear thick plastic to make new wing tip lights out of, as that is what is holding the next step up which is working on getting the wings glued on, and empennage on. I could do this before fixing the wing tips, but it will be SO much easier to work the wing tips back into shape without them glued into the heavy fuselage, that Im going to leave the wings off till I get those tips fixed. 

In the mean time, until I find some suitable thick plastic or resin for the wing-tip lights, if Im honest there is a myriad of things I can be working on, which I will likely do, like starting on the nacelle interiors, or starting the beautiful R2800s. The engines I will build in unison, since its just doubling each stage. Im still not sure what Im doing about the exhausts yet either, as they look kind of weird as most of them dont even touch the back of the engine itself. Once the cowl is on though you really cant see up in there to the back of the engine, so I may leave those as is, I cant tell yet. 

• harvey, mmaben and RLWP like this

#500 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:23 PM

Brian, I haven't checked in here for a bit, so let's just say I'm gobsmacked. It fits better than the average Trumpeter kit too!

Brian, the more I look at those squared off wingtip shapes, they just look all wrong.  So yeah, I agree with you 100% there. some rounding of the edges will hopefully fix that...

Edited by Clunkmeister, 22 February 2018 - 07:28 PM.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#501 Vandy 1 VX 4

Vandy 1 VX 4

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:19 PM

I'm not sure how the Tigercats wingtip lights look like.

But have you thought of using clear sprue. Or in some cases of used big diameter fiber optics and warmed up the end so it would mushroom over. Shaped it and Polished it

Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker :beer4:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F7F, Tigercat, HpH, Grumman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users