Fisher 1/32 Ryan STM-2

LSP_Kevin

Thanks guys. I've now joined the fuselage halves together and installed the firewall piece:

9Trw7L.jpg

The join is a little gappy along the belly, but the only real dodgy part is the bottom of the forward fuselage:

ozK82o.jpg

I'll tackle the fuselage seams separately, while the wings aren't there to get in the way. I'll use a CA/talc mix as a filler, as this will also help reinforce the joins.

Kev

We are neck and neck buddy!

Looking nice, I used white milliput on the gaps.

Cheets

Brent

Nah Brent, you're way ahead of me! I need to buy some Archer rivets and the right shade of yellow before I can proceed to the painting stage anyway.

Kev

I used Model Master insigna yellow which is what Eric G used on his moth

Thanks Brent, Eric worded me up on that. Struggling to find any to buy easily online though. I have a tin of Humbrol yellow enamel and a jar of Tamiya yellow acrylic, but they're both too lemon-y. My jar of Gunze orange-yellow is too orange! I'm wondering if RLM04 is a close enough match? I don't have any, but that colour seems easier to get hold of for me.

Kev

Wings are on!

itiUg4.jpg

Well, wing, really, as it's one super-long piece of resin, complete with built-in dihedral. I wasn't able to get things as flush as I would have liked at the rear join with the fuselage, but it shouldn't be a problem. I also need to do some minor repairs to the wing leading edge in a couple of spots, but again - not a problem.

Somehow I also managed to knock off one of the control levers from the rear cockpit position:

WKPBBT.jpg

I assume it was while I was sorting out the fuselage seams. As I mentioned earlier in the thread though, there are spares in my kit, so I'll add a replacement towards the end of the build. The fuselage seams have in fact been dealt with, and a coat of primer will tell me how well I went in that area. So far though, this kit has been super fun to build.

Kev

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Sure is looking good and I'm fighting the temptation to start mine. I keep telling myself ... just first finish what's underway.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, had to go all the way back to page 5 to find this one again! Thanks to Brent I now have a jar of Model Master Insignia Yellow, and my Archer rivets arrived yesterday. Paul's instructions indicate to replace any you sand off with set AR88014, and since I'd sanded quite a few off, I figured I'd go this route as suggested.

The sheet was a bit pricey at $18 plus postage, but I figured it would give me a lot to work with. What I wasn't prepared for though was just how small the sheet actually is! I was expecting an A4 sheet to be honest, or A5 at a minimum, but this sheet is about as wide as a supermarket docket and about as long as my iPhone (approx. 72mm x 122mm). Tiny in other words, and seriously poor value for money. I presume that Paul recommends this sheet because that's what he used on the masters, so they're clearly the best thing for this job; but I'd be looking for more cost-effective alternatives for my own projects.

Anyway, hopefully I can provide a less whiney, more build-focussed update next time!

Kev