AVIA C-10 a.k.a. S-99 a.k.a. Bf-109G 10/14 AS

Guest Martinnfb

Hey Guys!

I missed out five previous GBs, no drama I never finish anything anyways....However,  this time it worked out very well. I have been planning to build S-99 for a while and natural choice of marking is the red-nose in service of the Czechoslovak Air Police. With civilian immatriculation OK-BYD.

Everyone wanders , (Wolf for example) why didn't they use Storch instead, well it's always good to pack some heavy arguments when you enforcing the law :).

Here is the obligatory start up picture, and yes I am doing this on my kitchen table :)

Edit: there is an Eduard exterior set on the way as well

k0oQur2.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Thank You Richard, there is definitely something different about them.

I wasn't exactly sure about how to tackle the gear bays , so after a short hesitation I decided to go to town and cut even deeper. I opened the top wings according to the factory drawings, and deepened the kit bulges. There will be a small cutout on the side of them, but that will come after my daughters bedtime :)

4pWwHBX.jpg

POF015.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Is that an issue with their 109 kits or just their Gustav or something else completely?

Hi Shaka , thank you for stopping by. The part of the fuselage just in front of the canopy is too short, approximately 3 mm. They fixed that with the arrival of the new F4, however all hasegawa's 109g and on suffers the same problem. In matter of fact 1/48 models are affected as well. There are few more hiccups along the road, but nothing major. I will try to cover as much as I feel like :) :innocent:

Oh cool Martin! Finally get to see you work your magic....Harv

Thank You for your kind words Harvey, gentleman as always. Funny I just cut off the tip of my left index finger while wrapping your Christmas Ruffle price, magical experience LOL  :rofl:

In past 30 minutes I was playing with the wing bulges, that are slightly too bulgeous .The lip on the perimeter was too thick and it was missing the prominent cut-out. So I thin it with x-act knife and as of now they are drying on the wings :)

iHYbODL.jpg

Thank You Maru :), I just noticed an interesting coincidence, Czech Police helicopter is carrying OK-BYD and Slovak Police Helicopter is also carrying OM-BYD....Cool  :punk:

eurocopter-ec135t2-ok-byd-policie-cr-pri

771618.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

ykVxl7E.jpg

Tell me about this yukky mistake.

4pWwHBX.jpg

Nice work on capturing the wider openings.

iHYbODL.jpg

Nice detailing. Nice line work to the drawing.  Looks too good to be from an original.  Something digitized?  From whom did you get the drawing?

Good show, Martin.

Sincerely,

Mark