WNW kits - very cheap from the manufacturer!!

SimonCornes

Guest Clunkmeister

AEGs and Rumplers available? I can't find any of the damaged stock remaining on their site.

lick on a price to buy a regular kit, then the damaged stock comes up at the top of the new page.  But from there.  It's kinda hidden, but hey, explore their site, right?

lick on a price to buy a regular kit, then the damaged stock comes up at the top of the new page.  But from there.  It's kinda hidden, but hey, explore their site, right?

Won't this get your screen wet ?......Harv

I said that I was not a WWI buff and would not order any WnW kits...you bastards made me do it. I now have 4 kits on the way.

I traded my B-25J for two kits, and a Spitfire for another. Now, I just ordered a Rumpler C.IV (damaged sale) this morning. I have to say, it was a good deal, $65 + $18 shipping, not bad, $83 total.

I received three postwar Ninaks in the mail today. All three to my door for about the price of two.

Some very, very minor water damage to one end of the boxes. No mould, no mildew, no musty smell, perfect spruces, decals, and booklets.

I'm ordering more!

IMHO, the postwar Ninak and Brisfit are the sleepers of the entire WnW line... So many possibilities...

IMHO, the Ninak desrves a place of honor in the Pantheon of ugly British planes, in line with most of the Blackburn offsprings... Even if I was offered one, I'm not sure I'd take it ;) ...

Hubert

It was the more expensive of the two. I think the wartime Ninak was the cheaper one.

Dave, that was very useful information and it helped me make up my mind. Whilst its straightforward enough to download the instructions, decals are another thing. I think WNW know exactly what they are doing and if you pay $65 for a kit, maybe there won't be much damage but, if you're like me and just dipping your toe in and bought a $29 DH 9a then I'm pretty sure that the plastic will be fine, the etch will be fine but that might be it.

Airscale do instruments and cockades can be obtained but the stencils are the real problem and I worried about this. Consequently I contacted WNW and discovered that they had a limited supply of spare WWI DH 9a decals - not the post war ones. So I ordered a set. It cost me an extra $15 including potage but I now feel as  though I will get everything I need to build a kit without to much worry. The impression I get is that there are not that many spare sheets available and they are certainly not listed on the website but I thought I would mention this in case anyone else has a cheap DH 9a kit. 

Cheers

Guest Clunkmeister

IMHO, the Ninak desrves a place of honor in the Pantheon of ugly British planes, in line with most of the Blackburn offsprings... Even if I was offered one, I'm not sure I'd take it ;) ...

Hubert

Agreed Hubert. If nothing else, it deserves an honorable mention for sure. The Brits seem to, on a semi regular basis, produce aircraft that are so incredibly bloody ugly as to be almost pity worthy, if not approaching admirable.

I'm sure though that the Brits know something we, the great unwashed, don't however.

I expect their aircraft are much more efficient, having no real need for drag producing wings and all.

They're so incredibly, completely, unspeakably ugly that the earth simply repels them into the sky.

Handley Page Harrow, anyone?

Edited by Clunkmeister