HK 32nd scale B-17 in the works

ErikP

Thanks gents! Tonight the mission is to square up the upper turret. I have to get motivation to build the under side of the cockpit if I don't forget my camera again. Up next will be the bomb bay. Full photo etch and scratch built airframe. Pics to follow soon.

• 1 year later...

hi buff17, I'm just about to take on the pleasurable task of building one of these beautiful flying machines. I would like to ask you where you get all your information on the internal and external things on this plane. I would love to emulate the stranded of workmanship that your putting into your build.

Douglas 

• 1 month later...

Hello all, its been a while and not to go into much detail but this ast year has been a serious trial at life in general. A sudden loss of job, a very hasty move out of state to try to find work, a divorce, a foreclosure, financial hardships all over the place including our beloved IRS, a brush with death (literally) and so on. The B-17 should be complete but it is still only about 60% done. It was damaged in the sudden move last April but like the ground crews in the war, I managed to piece her back together with no indication of damage. Forward progress is slow as can be imagined, I as able to purchase all of Eduard's new brassin stuff before all this settled in. I don't have the means to post pictures just yet and all previous pictures are now lost as that device was destroyed. All 4 brassin engines are done, the bomb bay and radio compartments are very close to being done, the tail gunner compartment is complete, the wings are done minus some clean up work. As soon as I can post pictures again, I will do so. Douglas, my references come from much literature of wartime forts I have in my library. Also was able to get some materials from the Smithsonian NASM. Alot of googling as well. Good luck on your build, I have read posts on this forum that has made me wish I did some parts of my build completely different! Read em all as there are some serious builds of this kit going on here too!

Still cant post pics yet but as the plane gets closer to finishing, I have decided to go with the aluminum foil treatment. Just got back from my local bank (hobby shop) and picked up a sacrificial pig for trying my hand at foiling. Its a 48 scale revell b-25 Mitchell. Not gonna go nuts on this one at all, this is for getting my technique down. I would rather butcher a 15 dollar model (got it off the bargain rack) then mess up on what has turned into a 900 dollar model. I have read many methods to use foil on this site and others and I think I have a good idea on how to proceed, but any input would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to all who have commented, I should have pics going soon again!

• 1 year later...

I was able to purchase all of Eduard's new brassin stuff before all this settled in. All 4 brassin engines are done

What is so special in these engines?Are they a vast improvement over the kit's?

And why they are individually marked as #1,2,3,4?

Aren't every pair symmetrical?

And what about some progress,as promised?))

Isaac

Edited by iaf-man