1/35 UH-1C Gunship- DONE!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Jealous Carl that you get to go camping, Man Wish I could go to. I used to go allot with my parents Here in Florida . Hope you enjoy yourself and I will be watching your build cause I am building the same exact kit for the group build to.

Chris Causey

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a bit of progress to report on. I fitted the second set of pilot seats to the cockpit and they're a much better fit:

IMG_20141002_215748.jpg

From there, I was able to test fit the Dragon crew figures:

IMG_20141002_224229.jpg

For the co-pilot, I was missing his left leg. I was originally going to substitute the left leg from the Academy co-pilot figure but I noticed he has feet on the pedals. I instead used the Academy side gunner's legs and that worked out. I had to do a bit of fiddling to get the co-pilot into his seat, especially with the side armour in place.

Here they are for a trial run with the interior inside the main fuselage. I wanted to check they all fit in.

IMG_20141013_234404.jpg

The side gunner will need an ammo belt for his M-60 added along with the bungee cord support.

And a view from  head on:

IMG_20141013_234411.jpg

Once I have the IP painted, the fuselage sides are ready to be closed up. 

Carl

Thanks everyone! I rarely use crew figures of any sort but for some reason,the Huey didn't look right without a crew.

Here's another view of the interior now that I have the IP and controls mounted:

IMG_20141018_22450_edit_1413724493269.jp

IMG_20141018_22443_edit_1413724406051.jp

The pilot's feet don't quite reach the pedals. I think that's because if you use the Eduard PE, it moves the pedals forward. I can't do much about it at this point so I'm going to leave it for now.

IMG_20141018_22444_edit_1413725023426.jp

Art least I don't have to worry about the copilot's feet since they're on the floor.

Carl

I made a bit more progress last night.

After checking the photo of the cockpit I noticed that the copilot's pedals had come off. I thankfully found and reattached them. I also decided to add the helmet mics for the crew and a piece of paper for the copilot to hold. I think that has made a noticeable chance.

IMG_20141021_003059.jpg

I decided to mount the front doors while I had the fuselage in halves as they need a bit of prodding to get to for reasonably well. I also mounted the two windows above the flight for the same reason.

IMG_20141021_003133.jpg

With such large openings on either side, I decided to paint the fuselage first before closing it up. I masked off the edges of the crew area, the inside of the upper windows, and the anti glare section on the nose. There's going to be touch up after I join them together but I think this will be easier.