New Grey Matter Figures Seafire Mk XV/XVII conversion coming soon

MustangManiac

Hello everyone,

Well I've tried contacting Tim multiple times on what base kit he's going to be using and I'm not getting any response to my emails. So sorry as of now I don't know what kit he's basing his conversion set off of.

Brady

Tim is a member of this forum. http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showuser=2203

Maybe you can try to PM him.

HTH 

Radu 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I got an answer to everyone's question of what kit Tim was intending to use for the Seafire Mk XVII conversion set. This is part of the reply I got from him:

So things are shelved for the moment. The original project was designed for the mk 1 spitfire revell (raised panel lines!).
We just had to work out how to update it to a newer kit but with minimal alterations. The post, on LSP, about the nose fits to different kits, was a start. We need the nose, windscreen etc. To fit a newer kit. 
Any help/suggestions would be welcome. 
All the best,
Tim 

What kind of suggestions do you guys want me to pass on to him?

I contemplated telling him that we had the desire for it to fit the Tamiya Mk XVI Spitfire kit because some of you guys had mentioned that would make it really nice. Let me know what your thoughts on this are.

Thanks,
Brady

Hello everyone,

I got an answer to everyone's question of what kit Tim was intending to use for the Seafire Mk XVII conversion set. This is part of the reply I got from him:

So things are shelved for the moment. The original project was designed for the mk 1 spitfire revell (raised panel lines!).
We just had to work out how to update it to a newer kit but with minimal alterations. The post, on LSP, about the nose fits to different kits, was a start. We need the nose, windscreen etc. To fit a newer kit. 
Any help/suggestions would be welcome. 
All the best,
Tim 

What kind of suggestions do you guys want me to pass on to him?

I contemplated telling him that we had the desire for it to fit the Tamiya Mk XVI Spitfire kit because some of you guys had mentioned that would make it really nice. Let me know what your thoughts on this are.

Thanks,
Brady

That would be good, but I think making it for the Revell IX would perhaps generate more sales.  I imagine people are more likely to be prepared to cut up a £30 kit than a £100-odd kit (very ballpark UK prices for the two kits), and the total cost of the conversion (ie buying the base kit and the conversion kit) to the builder would be far less.  It would be a bit more work though.

But that's just my opinion, others' mileage may vary.

If it is to be based on The Tamiya kit then everything would need to be close to 100 percent perfect, and all the rivets etc matching so the new parts did not look out of place. Of course, cost also becomes an issue with this base kit. Maybe deliberations as to the kit it would fit go back ages as the new Mk II has been around for quite some time now. But now, the best option is to base it on the newer Mk 9 as it already has several required corrections over the Mk II.

Thanks for your input guys, I've passed it on to Tim that most likely it would be best to base it off of the new Revell Spitfire Mk IXc, one I didn't even know about yet, and go from there so that it was a more affordable for everyone primarily.

Cheers,

Brady

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi guys again also coming soon will be  my conversion kit of the Seafire MK47 , this kit will be modelled on the revel MK21/22 . the kit my be old but can be made into a first class model , if you are willing to put in the work . regards Jim... AKA aa productions  .

Hi Jim,

I'd be interested in your conversion if your shipping cost to the USA wasn't more than half the price of the conversion itself. I'd love to see a wingfold option for the Mk XVII Seafire too. I've got a resin Mk 47 already so I won't be buying that one, but I'm sure you'll have some luck selling it.

Cheers,

Brady