Mals Way, Corsair, USS Bunker Hill, Carrier Deck, Part II.

Nope im not nutz....but Crazy..and stubborn....LoL...

The bad bad bad error i did and it is not ignore it...i the damaged wood marks...as they are to big and to long...and tp deep a few of them...and....

As the paint job...it would be easier to fix...and it were pleasing....

Thanks for the encouragement from all of you....

I will do a new base instead.....

In my caae better....and note the aircraft itself it is finnished and done here...and will be publised soon.

Lessons for Mal to learn from...

Dont do to many steps in building at once (especial in weathering late)..as i did on

On this base.......

And lesson two...on order to succeed...you have to fail and learn ffom it....

Bittersweet feel here ffor me folks.

To repeat...I Will Do A New Base...but a break from this saga is needed.

I need to do a Quick Build Oob...

Yes a BF109 Eduard it is as i usually do...or a 1:48 Hurricane...

Just to remind myself why i build ;)...fun...relax...therapy...enjoyable...all that.

This saga aint over yet.....

/Mal

Allright....

Here Is....

im the one worst Critics...

I NEVER Abandon Things....ill ashure yoy folks...

Tehy Who know me....i Dont ;)..

This Base...yes...i made a BAD error...that cant be repaired.....as it looks "Wrong" and hey this is my 4th base ever.....

And nevertheless...ill Do a New One...as i said...Failure IS Not An Option For Me...Its To Be Learned From.......

As Mals Way Is "Stubborn" my middle name.....This Base WILL Be Done in My Way......

But ill do a build between to get distacne from this base......

And Yes...there will be updates later....

So dont Worry Folks.....as the main thing were the Corsair Build...

ps....it will go faster next time haha...as i know how to....and NOT how to do things......

New Tiedowns will be ordered.....and ill do a continue on this Saga...as it is a long one allready.....

But hey....Fail is a must to learn new things... ;) and in the en win...

Remember this Build that taken a year to complete....... ;)

Edited by Mal_Belford

There is no Failure.

There is Success..... and Data.

Before you bin it, try sanding it down a bit and try re-painting with Tamiya. It might still be salvageable.

-d-

Nope...tried that allready...and no rescue this time to patch something....better redo it all from start...

;)...lessons learned here and fast.

And im adding....

Im not dissapointed...no need to.

Just do it again....second run easier....

• 1 year later...

Mal, you son of a *****! You took me on a journey of the best build I have ever seen! I learned so much from you, then when I saw the picture of the broken gear I actually yelled out, “oh noooooo!†Then you quit. I was left heartbroken, and again elated when you rallied to finish it and repair it!

If I ever learn half of what you know, I will be happy. Stunningly marvelous build. I am speechless.

I'm glad this comment was made so that this build could be brought up to the top of the list (I never would have dug back that far to find it otherwise.)

I just spent some wonderful hours reading through this thread and have been grinning ear to ear in awe of your build and the greatness that is Mal's Way. How you overcame setbacks and solved 'problems' in a way that made everything better than expected... better BY FAR!!!

Please tell me that the Corsair is complete and nicely displayed somewhere even if you weren't pleased with the staining on the deck. Like 1to1scale, I felt a bit of a gut punch when this thread came to an abrupt halt, apparently more than a year ago.

Some mighty fine work you put into that build and a real treat to see it throughout all 66 pages. Wow. Just wow!!!