D and a J Liberator

Guest Smitty44

YES YES YES. BOTH the B-24 D and the J.

OBOY OBOY OBOY

slobber slobber slobber

:yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I have always preferred the big bellied B-24 to the skinny B-17.

I want them both.

:wow:  :wow:  :wow:

Just like my preference for the P-47 over the P-51.

I like them a bit rounded, a bit zaftig. Like with women, something more to hold onto. 

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

:punk:

So you dig fat chicks? OK. 

Didn't they make more B24s than B17s?

Aviation History dot com says; More than 18,400 of this type were built, making it the most produced American wartime aircraft.

If this kit is released, and is worthy of our attention, both are a must buy. The D - Ploesti, the J for the artwork and turret coolness factor. They will fill your ceiling space nicely...

Edited by phasephantomphixer

I like the one with the poky dots.

Plenty of those, starting with First Sergeant (D) of the 458th; better still, its J successor The Spotted Ape sported a sharkmouth as well.

Didn't they make more B24s than B17s?

Yes indeed, it was a much more capable bomber: greater bomb load, greater range, higher and faster than the B-17, hence being favoured in the CBI.  Not as robust as the Fort, and more difficult to fly, though. 

You may have noticed I'm a B-24 fan through and through.

Since they are labeled as "NEW" Im hoping these don't go the way of the Devastator on the HB catalog. Ive not checked lately to see if its still on there, but I hope against hope these come to fruition.

I believe the Devastator was shown on the Trumpeter side of the company, so it wouldn't be in the HB catalog. Not even sure why the company is split like that unless HB was an acquisition and they wanted to keep the brand recognition.

So many schemes: Mighty 8th, 5th AF, 7th AF, CBI, RAF (SEAC), Coastal Command, but of course the real question is ( ... drum roll ...) which assembly ships to do?

Don't forget the Vulgarian Air Force Mitchells. They were on amphibian floats (floats with wheels in the centers so they could land anywhere).  :piliot:

This will be awesome. My grandfather was flight engineer and top gunner on B-24's.  They were part of the 406th Bomb Squadron, and flew the night leaflet missions.  His aircraft was "Black Jack", which he painted the nose art and mission markings.  

8fx7Fb9.jpg

I did the ride in Witchcraft a few years ago.  Totally worth the price if you have a chance.  It gave me a whole new appreciation for what those guys went through in WWII.  

Here are the pics. 

https://imgur.com/a/64sg5

Very cool photos! Looks like you enjoyed it. When they were in my neck of the woods last summer I thought long and hard about paying $900 for the 60 minute flight and "lesson" in the 2 seat P-51, but ultimately just couldn't justify. Maybe next time they come through I'll talk myself into it. I mean, flying a mustang is definitely a once in a lifetime experience

I'm sure Hobby Boss has taken notice of HK's success with their B-17's  Maybe that's why they are throwing their hat in the ring, and hope to catch the wave.  Sprue bros just restocked their B-17E/F after selling out twice.  That tells me it's a good seller.  And now with their upcoming Lancaster, that's even going to generate more excitement.  I hope 'A' team is in on this one.  I also hope it's not another 'Devastator' debacle.