Trumpeter's SBD-1 UPDATE: 2/18/18: THE GEAR: DONE

Guest Peterpools

The results look fantastic Peter but I feel your pain and frustration.

The ZM kits are very similar in that regard which you're familiar with. I left a bunch out of my Skyraider kit and it really speeded up the build.

Im glad that you're still going on with the build and it hasn't deterred you.

Carl

Peter

Ordered the masks from Hannants and they should be here in 8 to 10 days. Guess that will give me plenty of time to fiddle on the bombs, landing gears and the wheels.

Well, judging by the look of things, it wasn't necessarily a waste of time Peter because it looks fantastic! Time consuming maybe but definitely not a waste of time from my perspective. :) It's still out o' the box even if that means everything in the box, LOL!

Nonetheless I have no doubt you'll have it done in time with all of it finished to perfection.

Cheers,

Wolf

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Carl - Right with you and I still have my ZM Owl waiting for my return. Talk about a boat load of hidden parts.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Andre

Haven't been on line in a few days and just caught up with your Dauntless . awesome work .. just love how you used the masks for the marking and then the weathering - spot on

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks John

I'm devoting the next few work sessions to finishing up the whole front end and permantly gluing it in place and then replacing the missing rivets. Slowly working my way towards checking the seams and then priming! can't wait

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Phil

Right with you ...

Always amazes me how much money and time a manufacture will devote to hidden parts ... has to be something in the water

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Wolf

Much appreciated and finally bench-time this weekend and buttoning up the front end. Hoping to be into primer by next weekend

Peter