Revell Bf109G-10 Erla as Enemy Ace plane. 2nd try at Enemy Ace.

dmthamade

Maybe none of you is old enough to remember the 1/48 ME-109 sold be Aurora in the early '50s.  It was molded in red polystyrene and had a clear plastic stand in lieu of landing gear.   The swastika was in a white circle, and later references to the kit suggested that it was a V14, which apparently was painted red.  

You'd have to be REALLY ambitious to make a plausible plane from that kit.

Maybe none of you is old enough to remember the 1/48 ME-109 sold be Aurora in the early '50s.  It was molded in red polystyrene and had a clear plastic stand in lieu of landing gear.   The swastika was in a white circle, and later references to the kit suggested that it was a V14, which apparently was painted red.  

You'd have to be REALLY ambitious to make a plausible plane from that kit.

I remember the Me-109, the bright yellow Zero, Black Widow, Flying Boxcar, S2F....... lotsa memories!!! Managed to get some weathering done. Did a panel line wash that didn't quite work out. Did my own mix that i've done many times before, but didn't use enough soap. had to use Tamiya ultra fine abrasives to remove. On the plus side it did polish the paint really smooth.

IMG_4456_zpsd7ndhtfj.jpg

IMG_4457_zpso7qn57y4.jpg

IMG_4459_zpsefiuiamz.jpg

IMG_4460_zpsrbyayumt.jpg

Don