Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Welcome to the What If? Group Build! This runs from 6 April 2015 until 31 December 2015. The standard rules for qualifying for the GB apply, in that the subject has to be an LSP kit and less than 25% finished.

The theme is What If?, and allows you to build an aircraft as it never existed in production or service. For example, a Spitfire in Japanese markings, all the usual Luftwaffe '46 stuff, paper projects that were never built or flown, a Mustang float plane, etc. Where we're going to draw the line is with pure flights of fancy, such as marrying the front end of a Bf 109 to the back end of an F-16. It has to be a minor extension or revision of reality, not pure imagineering!

I'm sure there will be loads of edge cases here, so if you're not sure, just ask!

So, let the games begin...

Kev

What if, we, sweden, put Griffon engines on our high altitude recon Bf 109H? If that's too far off the edge I have a pure wtfif 109G-10 (but I'll build the turbo 109H secretly offline anyway)

/A

What if, we, sweden, put Griffon engines on our high altitude recon Bf 109H? If that's too far off the edge I have a pure wtfif 109G-10 (but I'll build the turbo 109H secretly offline anyway)

/A

Sounds good to me! The Bf 109H is virtually a What If in any guise.

Kev

For a moment I thought I found my project.

The old Revell Fw 190 D with Arado 196 floats. :yahoo:

Untill I did a search on the net just to make sure it didn't exists. I never saw it before,but they did make some Fw 190 W 

http://modelingmadness.com/review/axis/luft/scze190w.htm

Doing something with those floats is about the only thing I can do.

Any ideas for a German project ?

What do we have in 32 nd kits that could carry the Arado floats ?

Edited by Erwin

For a moment I thought I found my project.

The old Revell Fw 190 D with Arado 196 floats. :yahoo:

Untill I did a search on the net just to make sure it didn't exists. I never saw it before,but they did make a Fw 190 W 

Doing something with those floats is about the only thing I can do.

Any ideas for a German project ?

If you do the Fw 190 on floats as if it entered service (and I'm assuming here it didn't), then it qualifies!

Kev

If you do the Fw 190 on floats as if it entered service (and I'm assuming here it didn't), then it qualifies!

Kev

Hi,

Reading the build(history) in the link makes me to believe the 190 W did see combat and sank some allied ships.

Maybe an expert on 190's can give more info.

I could  use the   Ju 87 . :hmmm: I don't want to buy an expensive kit.An old Revell will have to do.

I would like to limit my build to German.Don't want to stick German style floats on a US or British plane.Doesn't look right.Even for a "what if ".

Edited by Erwin

What if the 142nd Fighter Wing (F-15's) in Portland, Oregon, had a P-51D on a pole by the front gate...and what if the CO decided to take it down and make it airworthy as a morale-building exercise for the maintenance group... and what if they finished it using paint and stencils on hand... a fully restored, airworthy P-51D circa 2015 in Mod Eagle camo.  

Seems like an excellent project for the Hasegawa P-51D kit that's been resting quietly in the stash since 1987... It might take a little time to gather up the right bits but I'm definitely in!   :thumbsup:  

John.