Glass Display Cases in the UK; any suggestions?

wunwinglow

Just wondered if any of my Brit Brethren had any recommendations for glass display cases? I don't need one right now, but wondered if I had the space, I might be more inclined to finish some models!

Tim

As others have said, the 'Detolf' is easily available and pretty good value, especially if you double up the number of shelves.

I've looked at larger cases, made for shop and exhibition display but the prices for new ones is pretty high - talking £400+. Always keep an eye out for shops closing down. I know John (Tigger) got a couple of very nice ones for an undisclosed bargain price from a closing down shop.

Matt

The Detolf's are good ( I have 2) but they are obviously limited to smaller a/c.

They won't accommodate a 1/32 P-47 which is a big plane as a guide.

Lights can be easily added too.

I like them.

I have 5 Detolfs now - as Joe has said - fine for most 1:32 WWII fighters - but too small for the Jug.

I'm on the lookout for something a lot larger atm - perhaps to go down one side of one of the garages...

Iain

Hi Tim,

I don't know how useful this will be but I have a UniBox cabinet. I got it from work.

United Aluminium in Manchester are the stockists.

http://www.unibox.co.uk/retail-display-cabinets-showcases-counters/

I suspect they may be predominantly trade rather than retail but it could n't hurt to contact them.

HTH