Future release from Fly!

Flipper

David66, you´re a Swede? Just asking out of curiosity. And I couldn´t agree more about the SAAB 105 (and all other SAAB aircraft, of course).

/Stoffe

No, not a Swede, men jag kan ju Svenska, Jag bodde i Sverige mellan 1990-1995 :D! Absolutely the best years of my life, loved the country, the people and always regretted leaving.

Speaking of SAAB aircraft, I always remember seeing a Viggen do a short landing followed by a turn around and takeoff at an airshow in Ronneby. What made it even more impressive, apart from the noise, was the fact that it was hammering down with rain at the time so when he landed, pretty much all we could see was the nose of the aircraft followed by a huge cloud of vapour. The aircraft slowed down, did a 180 degree turn and took off again, his afterburner lit up the vapour cloud he'd left behind! Hands down on of the most impressive things I've ever seen. 

The SAAB J-29B and the FW 59 Stosser in 1/32 scale.  :o
Zuperduper!! :yahoo:
We shall forgive them for not bringing out the Japanese Val and Kate. 
After all, what do Europeans know about beautiful aircraft?
:punk:

hahahaha, are U kidding....???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By all means put Austrian markings on yours :D! However, for me, it has to be those blue roundels with yellow stars......... Although I could be tempted to make 'what-if' version in USAF markings with Korean war yellow/black bands around the wings and fuselage.

Yellow stars?? You mean crowns, don't you? Tre Kronor!

No, not a Swede, men jag kan ju Svenska, Jag bodde i Sverige mellan 1990-1995 :D! Absolutely the best years of my life, loved the country, the people and always regretted leaving.

Speaking of SAAB aircraft, I always remember seeing a Viggen do a short landing followed by a turn around and takeoff at an airshow in Ronneby. What made it even more impressive, apart from the noise, was the fact that it was hammering down with rain at the time so when he landed, pretty much all we could see was the nose of the aircraft followed by a huge cloud of vapour. The aircraft slowed down, did a 180 degree turn and took off again, his afterburner lit up the vapour cloud he'd left behind! Hands down on of the most impressive things I've ever seen. 

Oh so you speak Swedish after being here for only five years, that´s impressive. People can stay here for decades and never bother to pick up the language because most Swedes speak English. But you can always return to Sweden you know...

I have also seen Viggen do that same manouver you told but never in the rain as you said, that must have been awesome. Have also seen Viggen in pairs many times flying by the house during the 80´s and 90´s. And last summer a pair of Gripens flew by just over my house, a rare sight these days. Also been fortunate to see the only flying example of Tunnan at an airshow some years ago.

/Stoffe

Oh so you speak Swedish after being here for only five years, that´s impressive. People can stay here for decades and never bother to pick up the language because most Swedes speak English. But you can always return to Sweden you know...

I have also seen Viggen do that same manouver you told but never in the rain as you said, that must have been awesome. Have also seen Viggen in pairs many times flying by the house during the 80´s and 90´s. And last summer a pair of Gripens flew by just over my house, a rare sight these days. Also been fortunate to see the only flying example of Tunnan at an airshow some years ago.

/Stoffe

Thanks for the compliment, I'm lucky in that I seem to be able to pick up languages fairly easily, I was actually able to speak and understand Swedish after just under a year, probably took two years before I was fluent, i.e, able to speak with no English accent, have to admit that my Swedish is probably very rusty at the moment, very rarely get a chance to use it over here. I'm a bit embarrassed about how lazy we English are when it comes to learning foreign languages pretty much every Swedish person I knew could speak three languages :huh: !

I remember the first time I saw a flight of Viggens flying fairly low, over my home in Orminge, I called my dad pretty much immediately to tell him. I even saw some Drakens, although they might not have been Svenska Flygvapnet aircraft, too far away to see the insignia but, unfortunately, never any Gripens or Tunnans.

As for moving back, well, I could be seriously tempted.....

Thanks for the compliment, I'm lucky in that I seem to be able to pick up languages fairly easily, I was actually able to speak and understand Swedish after just under a year, probably took two years before I was fluent, i.e, able to speak with no English accent, have to admit that my Swedish is probably very rusty at the moment, very rarely get a chance to use it over here. I'm a bit embarrassed about how lazy we English are when it comes to learning foreign languages pretty much every Swedish person I knew could speak three languages :huh: !

I remember the first time I saw a flight of Viggens flying fairly low, over my home in Orminge, I called my dad pretty much immediately to tell him. I even saw some Drakens, although they might not have been Svenska Flygvapnet aircraft, too far away to see the insignia but, unfortunately, never any Gripens or Tunnans.

As for moving back, well, I could be seriously tempted.....