HK B-17E/F plus a "few" extras

pcben80

Holy cow, that is going to be one HUGE build.  Are you putting an addition onto the house to hold this when its all done?   :innocent:  :hmmm:

EAGERLY watching to see this unfold.   :popcorn:   I think you probably have lots of reference materials, but I have a stack of B-17 references if you are in need of something - I've built a few 1/48 B-17Gs in honor of a friend of mine who piloted Blue Hen Chick out or Rattlesden with the 447th.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Man I hope this one is still a go. Your interpretation of the aircraft at the base sounded nice and reminded me of why I liked this hobby. Open to interpretation and imagination. There are many sides to this hobby and two main sides are “blueprint copy for accuracy†which can lead to amazing works. The other and often overlooked side is “imagine if..†or “what if...†and can open up an alternate perspective creatively. Good luck with this one. I have my own waiting in the wings and look forward to see how far you can take it because it seems you are one of few ready to take the plunge. I fear a lot are being held for small investment purposes seeing how the G went to hypervalue after discontinuing. Take care.

David

Holy cow, that is going to be one HUGE build. Are you putting an addition onto the house to hold this when its all done? :innocent: :hmmm:

EAGERLY watching to see this unfold. :popcorn: I think you probably have lots of reference materials, but I have a stack of B-17 references if you are in need of something - I've built a few 1/48 B-17Gs in honor of a friend of mine who piloted Blue Hen Chick out or Rattlesden with the 447th.

Chris

Got a need for references if you have them to spare myself.

Edited by Nightrain

Hello all,

Man I hope this one is still a go. Your interpretation of the aircraft at the base sounded nice and reminded me of why I liked this hobby. Open to interpretation and imagination. There are many sides to this hobby and two main sides are “blueprint copy for accuracy†which can lead to amazing works. The other and often overlooked side is “imagine if..†or “what if...†and can open up an alternate perspective creatively. Good luck with this one. I have my own waiting in the wings and look forward to see how far you can take it because it seems you are one of few ready to take the plunge. I fear a lot are being held for small investment purposes seeing how the G went to hypervalue after discontinuing. Take care.

David

Aaaaaaaaand following.

Thanks for following along guys. His build is most definitely still a go. I just wrapped up the Hobbyboss GMC fuel tanker (will post it up over on non-LSP when I can get some decent pictures) and have made a small start on the Fortress, starting with the bomb bay. The Eduard set really transforms the kit parts! As with the GMC, I will post some pics of my progress ASAP.

Holy cow, that is going to be one HUGE build. Are you putting an addition onto the house to hold this when its all done? EAGERLY watching to see this unfold. :popcorn: I think you probably have lots of reference materials, but I have a stack of B-17 references if you are in need of something - I've built a few 1/48 B-17Gs in honor of a friend of mine who piloted Blue Hen Chick out or Rattlesden with the 447th.

Chris

Ha, yeah, I haven't figured out yet where this diorama will live when it's done but I figure I have a LOT of time to figure it out. Luckily I have a very understanding wife. Thanks so much for the offer on the reference materials. I think once I get a little further with the build, I will likely be taking you up on the offer!

More updates to come...

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by pcben80