1/32 revell vs trumpeter mig 29

The Dude

Just a few pix of a comparison between the old school revell vs new school trumpeter.;

mig29-12_zpsfhlzbjpa.jpg

mig29-21_zpsaoxhip9v.jpg

mig29-13_zpskhlhjyo3.jpg

upper fuse in trumpeter, lower is revell

mig29-20_zpsdll1qvaq.jpg

mig29-19_zpsknu1fvzl.jpg

mig29-22_zpsavee3mtx.jpg

mig29-18_zpscrgsbb21.jpg

Looks like the trumpeter kit is shorter than the revell kit and looks a lot better too.

Discuss. (civilly)

Edited by The Dude

2469gft.jpg

Those engine nacelles were already very far away on the Revell kit, but on the Trumpeter they are even more  :(

Instead the spine is way better than Revell kit (it is best amalgamated to the rest of the fuselage)

22016u.jpg

Edited by Luca

Hi Luca, your photo is of a 9.17 Mig-29 SMT, which has a much bigger spine. The kit is of the original 9.12 Mig-29A.

My concern is the space between the engines is too wide, which will make the air brake much too wide. Still, right now it's either this or Revell, and it looks to me like Trumpeter will still be the much better option.

Edited by Dave Williams

thanks Dave, your're right! sorry.

this one is a SMT bird too? I think engine nacelles were always the same, or am I wrong?

2vm7ptj.jpg

Not an SMT, it's Polish... and they don't have them.

thanks Dave, your're right! sorry.

this one is a SMT bird too? I think engine nacelles were always the same, or am I wrong?

2vm7ptj.jpg

359dds3.jpg

The GWH kit you are showing looks like the one from here and is of the 9.13 Fulcrum C.

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/09/review-mig-29-fulcrum-c-in-48th-scale.html

However, it's correct that the Trumpeter kit seems to be missing the little "pinch" where the rear corner of the engine hump meets the fuselage.

Edited by Dave Williams

Is it me or do the leading edge extensions end too far back on the Trumpeter? On the real thing it looks like they should go past the front of the canopy but on this one they seem to end half way along it.....might be an optical illusion.

Those engine nacelles were already very far away...

22016u.jpg

Those plans are...

image_173.jpeg

Remember, the *whole* skin is seriously too thick - scales out to 1-2 inches deep! - and is a *universal* problem with plastic model planes which creates moulding compromises. Purists will want a scale thickness resin airbrake with all the wobbly bits.

It also definitely does *not* smell of kerosene, benzine, leather and oil like the real thing, which is so unrealistic I will lose sleep every night.

Tony, the man who likes rubber tyres (yes, the only one who does or is brave enough to say so).

Hi Phim, good pic. In fact, the photo would look like this... but perhaps it is the prospect that deceives us. I do not know.

29mx8wi.jpg

mig29a.jpg

15otcwn.jpg

Luca, if you look at the three photos you posted, the engine "humps" are different. Have a look at the area you indicated with the green arrow - you see an "angled shape". But the two photos you posted above it DO NOT have that "angled shape". In fact, it looks like that area on the Trumpeter plastic is quite similar to the two photos you posted. Also, the way that the rear of the spine blends into the fuselage just ahead of the air brake is different in each of the three photos. 

Radu 

What is with the too flat main canopy?

And can someone please check, if the Cold War Studio MiG-29 cockpit fits into the new Trumpeter model?

Thanks

I would like to know this too....if anyone has information.

Thanks